Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (52 Viewers)

Wondering how you all feel about this guy? Up here it's pretty hard to get your hands on decent bottles but have the opportunity to land this. The on line reviews seem a little mixed...

View attachment 1053023
I think it’s great. The price can be all over the place. I’ve seen anywhere for $60 to over $100.

Is this Barrell Vantage hard to find? My regular store has a couple of bottles showing in stock on their webpage.
You may be able to find it now, but it’s possible that it will become hard to find for a while. I’m thinking it will be a staple like Seagrass. But it has gained some attention with the end of year rankings from prominent whiskey reviewers.

For those of you local to the DC Metro area (I know there are a few), Jack Rose has a cask strength bar pick Laphroaig coming out. They will actually be selling bottles at the bar if you go to their release event. If you know Jack Rose in general and Bill Thomas in particular you know this is going to be a belter of a dram. I am friends with Bill so I hope this kind of hopeless shilling is ok here, though to be honest any whisky nerd should know about this. Get a load of the drams at the tasting.

https://jackrosediningsaloon.com/event/jack-rose-single-cask-laphroaig/

Bill Thomas Laphroaig.jpg

Sorry for the n00b question, but how good is this one? I saw this in another thread, then looked it up in my store's inventory. They charge the same number of loyalty tickets for this as for Pappy 23. 800 tickets, which equates to $16,000 in purchases for the right to buy one at $70. I think these two tie for the highest amount of tickets needed.

Trade bourbon for Tigers?
View attachment 1051561

Sorry for the n00b question, but how good is this one? I saw this in another thread, then looked it up in my store's inventory. They charge the same number of loyalty tickets for this as for Pappy 23. 800 tickets, which equates to $16,000 in purchases for the right to buy one at $70. I think these two tie for the highest amount of tickets needed.
It was great in the BBQ sauce I made.

I have no idea, it's a bottle my buddy paid an exuberant amount of money for. I just used the photo for the LoLs

Your store has an 18 Year Marriage? Nice. I'm not sure how good it is, but it is a very rare limited release. They had it at my local spot, but ran out before my 18th anniversary back in August. :cry: We still went there for great BBQ and other great whiskey.

E344AC6D-9DDD-4643-A8ED-88BCDE998805.jpeg
04DA3E69-65ED-4C58-98B7-41B70A9574B8.jpeg

Your store has an 18 Year Marriage? Nice. I'm not sure how good it is, but it is a very rare limited release. They had it at my local spot, but ran out before my 18th anniversary back in August. :cry: We still went there for great BBQ and other great whiskey.

View attachment 1053287View attachment 1053288
I'm not 100% sure, but according to what I've been told, they reserve 20% of their allocated bottles for the raffle they hold once or twice a year. It's this Saturday, so I'm going through what I believe to be their inventory and compiling a list in case I'm lucky enough to have one of my tickets drawn. I want to have everything ranked that might possibly be available so I can jump quickly to make a choice if I have the opportunity.

Given the rareness of something like this, and the secondary market value, it's unlikely that I would keep and drink this if I get the chance to buy it. Instead I'll look to trade it for many ordinary bottles, or some benjamins. (or Tigers!)

For those of you local to the DC Metro area (I know there are a few), Jack Rose has a cask strength bar pick Laphroaig coming out. They will actually be selling bottles at the bar if you go to their release event. If you know Jack Rose in general and Bill Thomas in particular you know this is going to be a belter of a dram. I am friends with Bill so I hope this kind of hopeless shilling is ok here, though to be honest any whisky nerd should know about this. Get a load of the drams at the tasting.

https://jackrosediningsaloon.com/event/jack-rose-single-cask-laphroaig/

View attachment 1053207
I'm not super wild about Laphroaig like i am about some other islay like Bruichladdich, but i'd be interested in one.

18 year marriage is incredibly rare. Possibly even more so than Pappy 15, 20, and 23. It's literally unseen on the secondary market in the Chicagoland area, though everything else can be

18 year Marriage was a limited one year release and one of the only EHT offerings with an age statement. The Pappy lineup is released every year, so in that sense it’s much easier to find

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom