Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (24 Viewers)

I just bought some stuff too... I wanted another glass from them and another travel kit. I'm not cool enough for the travel glen plus 3 ounce poor. I think I'd slap someone if I saw them whip that thing out.
Well I hope that you don’t run into me when I’m out with mine that I just ordered :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

07BC1BA6-CB2B-4BC4-B75B-86E16F2B3C95.jpeg

Just got into Bourbon and making Old Fashioned at home. Been playing around a bit but loved the Woodford Reserve Rye. A great poker sipper.

How did that label get approved by TTB? I was pretty sure that language was against standards for alcoholic beverages. I’ll go do some digging but I am surprised.

I guess you can’t judge a book by its cover but in this case I would certainly take a guess that it’s not going to live up to its labeling.
"Good fucking" is a brand of wines and I guess once they got that approved they could start applying it to anything else they wanted. But super strange.

I'd also expect it to not be good.

Reminds me of this brand of spices, of which I own several, from the Big Cock Ranch:

1672862296909.png

I brought one to a gift pass one Christmas. My grandma ended up with the Bull I believe. It was funny watching my relatives repeatedly asking her what she had, and her complete refusal to say it while laughing hysterically.

SO. I found 2 bottles of BTAC (ER17 and GTS) and a Pappy 15 my first year hunting. Paid retail, no tax - the BTAC was $99/bottle and the Pappy was $130 I think. I haven't found shit since and spent a ton of my time trying. My question for you guys is, what is your time worth? I mean, at what point do you shell out stupid money in order to save your most precious commodity, TIME. I guess I'm saying I'd pay over retail now that I can't find any of those bottles.....the question is how much?
I have a different perspective than most of you, bring relatively new to this pursuit of whisk(e)y. Like Dan, I enjoy the searching process, and being cheap and inexperienced, I'm not yet willing to pay (much) over retail. Maybe in a year or two I'll feel differently. I still remember when I first joined PCF and my MAX LIMIT for buying poker chips was 30-40 CENTS a chip... That seems to have changed a bit over time... :unsure:

I will be spending a couple hours at my store I recently found this Sat morning, as they are having a raffle for the opportunity to buy rare bottles at retail. I hope to score one or two, but if I don't, I'll come home and drink my $30-$70 bottles and be more than happy.

March for me. Dry until St Paddy’s.

I am going on 48 hours without a dram for the first time in months, not knowing what to do with myself, but only because I caught the flu.

I still think I'll back off a lot in the first few months of the new year here, but no pours until a set date that far in advance is impressive.

Happy Weller Wednesday. Just because I’m dry, doesn’t mean I can’t buy.

View attachment 1052874

Had to quote and reply since you said you are dry and still buy. If you didn't still buy, I would fly and ask you why? slap you in the face and make you cry, then fly back home all sly, drinking a mai tai, wearing a bow tie, knowing I'm the drinking guy that had to pry and insist you have a happy dry time. (yup, I be drinking)

Much love Scott! Enjoy brother!

Last edited:
Had to quote and reply since you said you are dry and still buy. If you didn't still buy, I would fly, slap you in the face and make you cry, then fly back home all sly drinking mai tais wearing a bow tie knowing I'm the drinking guy that had to pry and insist you have a happy dry time. (yup, I be drinking)

Much love Scott! Enjoy bother!
1672884230678.gif

1672884176536.gif

Anyone seen this bottle anywhere? I'm super curious to snag this one

Thirteenth Colony Cask Strength
Okay turns out it's a Georgia exclusive.... So anyone in here live in Georgia and wanna help me out? haha

Wondering how you all feel about this guy? Up here it's pretty hard to get your hands on decent bottles but have the opportunity to land this. The on line reviews seem a little mixed...

Screenshot_20230104_233453.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom