Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (37 Viewers)

Brilliant. Full it with something bottom shelf that’s as dark of a color as possible. I don’t think mellow corn will fool everyone - too light
mellow corn would be the BEST thing ever to do this with. MAYBE a dye to get it the right color brown.

Barring that, just fill it with stock buffalo trace.

Happy new Year (almost)!

PXL_20230101_045113424.jpg

How’s your New Year going, @Pinkdan?

;) :p
A story in three pictures:
F2FB0A3C-62D6-4679-B394-AAA87D87623F.jpeg

BEFCC312-EF15-47AA-B5AB-7E4574C04B03.jpeg

E3761693-4B9C-4520-9DCA-4FC18B4915D2.jpeg

Story:
Local place had a raffle and I asked the manager a week ago if they had leftovers, he said yes and that they’d be released to first come on the 1st when they opened. So I checked back with him yesterday to see what bottles hadn’t been picked up and he mentioned one GTS…. So I made sure I was the first in line. I camped out 5 or 6 hrs before anyone else. 23 people ended up showing up by 10am and there were only 9 bottles. They had one of each of: GTS, Handy, lot B. The others were like rock hill etc
I brought a chair and a pad for a signup sheet. I was basically the MC of the whole thing, calling peoples names to lineup and making jokes etc - it was actually a blast

At the local CVS waiting for a script.

A95AAEC4-8646-4EDE-ADDD-B2EE9721964F.jpeg

This poster is actually pretty good. It is right next to the locked up Blade and Bow, with the 1.75 Jagermeisters.

A TON of things go into 'smooth'.......

If you have a local friend who has a big whisky collection and ask him to educate you. .....

If no one local comes to mind just say and I'm more than willing to put you together a 'tasting' kit that will cover the gamut of major categories.
Thanks for taking the time to provide some great info and making a very nice offer....

I might have to PM you. Lol

A story in three pictures:
View attachment 1050810
View attachment 1050808

Story:
Local place had a raffle and I asked the manager a week ago if they had leftovers, he said yes and that they’d be released to first come on the 1st when they opened. So I checked back with him yesterday to see what bottles hadn’t been picked up and he mentioned one GTS…. So I made sure I was the first in line. I camped out 5 or 6 hrs before anyone else. 23 people ended up showing up by 10am and there were only 9 bottles. They had one of each of: GTS, Handy, lot B. The others were like rock hill etc
I brought a chair and a pad for a signup sheet. I was basically the MC of the whole thing, calling peoples names to lineup and making jokes etc - it was actually a blast
Where was my invite?!?

My son gave me this bottle Christmas Day, we all had a taste… or twelve… 131 proof definitely does not mix well with the edible treats we also imbibed.

Needless to say I can now say it’s very peppery, not top of the list, but not bad.

The warbringer in the back is by far the worst shit on the planet- avoid all all costs.
542FA077-D35E-4452-A90A-0058DBD6BFAD.jpeg

I’ve been avoiding this thread a bit because I’ve had to cut back dramatically due to some blood pressure issues. I’m limiting myself to one night a week of the good juice, so it’s just easier not to think about how much I miss my friend bourbon on those off nights.

Anyway, tonight I am going to enjoy a taste of this offering. It’s a Rickhouse edition of Mike Rowe’s Knobel Tennessee Whiskey.

My hopes are not super high, but I wanted to try it mostly out of admiration for Mike and the work he does to promote good work ethic, often espoused by folks who do jobs that “make civilized life possible for the rest of us”

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom