Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (52 Viewers)

Next up
828571C8-5BCF-4F66-9EBD-9847621D46C6.jpeg

Based on points/price/rarity, the absolute best value on this list is the Parker's Heritage, and it's not even close. Stagg Jr is second, but a distant second. OF SiB BS might be 3rd. OWA may be hard to find in your area, but it is definitely not worth prioritizing, when you can befriend an Ohioan and get it. Hell, it can be had readily at $75-125 if you look. Thus, not worth blowing the points or opportunity on that one--you can get the Parker's with fewer points, to boot.

Edit: Given the absolutely insane premium, point-wise, to acquire the EHT BP or Handy, I’d skip those entirely and buy multiple bottles of the Parker’s, Stagg Jr, and a few others. Far better value and if you can get multiple Parker’s, you could trade one plus something else (or cash) for a Handy.
PARKER'S HERITAGE IS THE ONLY UNICORN, HOMERUN, SLAM DUNK ON THE LIST. #1 BY FAR, NOT EVEN A DISCUSSION IMO
So in all seriousness - how good is Parkers Heritage 2022 really? How does it compare to some of the unobtaniums like Pappy, WLW, EH Taylor BP, George T Stagg and that purple top Willett?

Wow, almost no chance that I'd ever find #10 thru #6 on their list. Kinda useless so far for me. Let's see if the top 5 is even more allocated...back in a few.

Aaaaaaand #5 thru #1 were even worse. I get that if I ever see a 4R yearly release, or a BTAC, or RR13 at retail, I should buy them.

I'm not sure which top list is worse. Those two and their ultra allocated premium list, or whiskyadvocate and their JD BoNdEd iS #1 wOoOo!

Last edited:
Wow, almost no chance that I'd ever find #10 thru #6 on their list. Kinda useless so far for me. Let's see if the top 5 is even more allocated...back in a few.

Aaaaaaand #5 thru #1 were even worse. I get that if I ever see a 4R yearly release, or a BTAC, or RR13 at retail, I should buy them.

I'm not sure which top list is worse. Those two and their ultra allocated premium list, or whiskyadvocate and their JD BoNdEd iS #1 wOoOo!
Same, I was 0 for everything on this list.

So in all seriousness - how good is Parkers Heritage 2022 really? How does it compare to some of the unobtaniums like Pappy, WLW, EH Taylor BP, George T Stagg and that purple top Willett?

Better than Pappy easily. On par with BTAC as far as how great it is. It is some of the best whiskey I have ever tasted.

Stuff came up the other night so tonight
KC12 v 15 v 18
View attachment 1049907
KC12 nutty, some baking spice, little bit of char, oak, nice finish decent mouth feel.

15 thin a bit bitter, not much complexity.

18 dark chocolate, oak, nutty, cinnamon, hint of dark cherry long finish, oily really good mouth feel.

18> 12 > 15

I have to say the 15 is disappointing. 12 and 18 are good. I’ll buy the 12 again, might pick up an 18 depending on price

Has anyone else discovered Lucky Seven yet?

lucky_theproprietor_14.png
lucky_theholidaytoast.jpg
image_2022-09-23_000442993-removebg-preview-1.png
lucky_theproprietor_single.png
lucky_thejokester_1.jpg

The 14yr Proprietor is RIDICULOUS. The 6yr Proprietor is amazing. I just ordered the Frenchman, Jokester, and the Holiday Toast. Barrel 34 of the 14yr Propietor is one of the best whiskeys I have tasted. That said, my barrel 64 was GREAT, but not nearly as good.

Has anyone else discovered Lucky Seven yet?

lucky_theproprietor_14.png
lucky_theholidaytoast.jpg
image_2022-09-23_000442993-removebg-preview-1.png
lucky_theproprietor_single.png
lucky_thejokester_1.jpg

The 14yr Proprietor is RIDICULOUS. The 6yr Proprietor is amazing. I just ordered the Frenchman, Jokester, and the Holiday Toast. Barrel 34 of the 14yr Propietor is one of the best whiskeys I have tasted. That said, my barrel 64 was GREAT, but not nearly as good.
have not had it, but heard good things

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom