Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (49 Viewers)

Speaking of my place and Loyalty points, some of you may have seen my earlier post about the store I recently found. They have a Loyalty program and I'm trying to confirm what I want to save for and use my points on. Long term it's either EH Taylor BP or Thomas H Handy. Those require 150 & 200 Loyalty Points respectively, which are one point for every $20 spent in the store. That's a long time to wait for me, so in the meantime, I need short term goals.

Here is a table of all the bottles I'm interested in that are available for 30 points or less. The Rank/LP column is my current order for the bottles I want most. If this was YOUR store, what would you get first, and what would you save for? Also, you should know that I drink more Rye than Bourbon, and my current liquor cabinet has quite a bit more Bourbon than Rye. Looking at you Willett Family Estate!

1672345103456.png

Speaking of my place and Loyalty points, some of you may have seen my earlier post about the store I recently found. They have a Loyalty program and I'm trying to confirm what I want to save for and use my points on. Long term it's either EH Taylor BP or Thomas H Handy. Those require 150 & 200 Loyalty Points respectively, which are one point for every $20 spent in the store. That's a long time to wait for me, so in the meantime, I need short term goals.

Here is a table of all the bottles I'm interested in that are available for 30 points or less. The Rank/LP column is my current order for the bottles I want most. If this was YOUR store, what would you get first, and what would you save for? Also, you should know that I drink more Rye than Bourbon, and my current liquor cabinet has quite a bit more Bourbon than Rye. Looking at you Willett Family Estate!

View attachment 1049125
Hate to be that guy…but what happened to 4, 6, and 7?
I’m particularly fond of the number 4…that’s why I ask!

Anyone tasted Barrell Bourbon New Year 2023? I want to try one of their bourbons and have a choice between the standard and the New Year Release?

Hate to be that guy…but what happened to 4, 6, and 7?
I’m particularly fond of the number 4…that’s why I ask!
4 is EHT BP and 6 is THH. I mentioned them above. They are way more than 30 points. 7 is Weller Full Proof which is 80 points.

View attachment 1049125
Based on points/price/rarity, the absolute best value on this list is the Parker's Heritage, and it's not even close. Stagg Jr is second, but a distant second. OF SiB BS might be 3rd. OWA may be hard to find in your area, but it is definitely not worth prioritizing, when you can befriend an Ohioan and get it. Hell, it can be had readily at $75-125 if you look. Thus, not worth blowing the points or opportunity on that one--you can get the Parker's with fewer points, to boot.

Edit: Given the absolutely insane premium, point-wise, to acquire the EHT BP or Handy, I’d skip those entirely and buy multiple bottles of the Parker’s, Stagg Jr, and a few others. Far better value and if you can get multiple Parker’s, you could trade one plus something else (or cash) for a Handy.

Last edited:
Based on points/price/rarity, the absolute best value on this list is the Parker's Heritage, and it's not even close. Stagg Jr is second, but a distant second. OF SiB BS might be 3rd. OWA may be hard to find in your area, but it is definitely not worth prioritizing, when you can befriend an Ohioan and get it. Hell, it can be had readily at $75-125 if you look. Thus, not worth blowing the points or opportunity on that one--you can get the Parker's with fewer points, to boot.
1000% agree with this

I know I overpaid, but I’ve never seen these anywhere near me, until today. Also, I love Makers products.

View attachment 1049173
Nothing wrong with paying a little extra for something you really want. Unless you know for a fact you can get it for a lower price with zero hassle I don't see it as overpaying, I see it as paying your local market rate.

Edit: Given the absolutely insane premium, point-wise, to acquire the EHT BP or Handy, I’d skip those entirely and buy multiple bottles of the Parker’s, Stagg Jr, and a few others. Far better value and if you can get multiple Parker’s, you could trade one plus something else (or cash) for a Handy.
Thanks. Appreciate the insight. I had literally never heard of Parkers until just a few days ago. Saw some comments here and added it to my list. Also asked my son about it, and he hasn't tried it yet. I'll move it up the priority list.

I know everybody loves to use acronyms here, but even after going over my list, I can't figure out what OWA stands for. I feel like I've seen it before, but it's not clicking. Please enlighten me. Also, what's the significance of someone being in Ohio?

Two others that I just added to the list but haven't ranked yet are Old Ezra 7YR BP and Rebel Yell SiB 10YR. Where do either of those fall on this list?

OWA
Old Weller Antique 107 proof, red label bottle
Ohhhh! That one? No, I won't be dropping that down the list. It's hands down the best bourbon I've tried so far in this journey. Not even close. Better to my palette than ECBP, Blantons, OF 1920, and a little bit better than OF 1910 and Angels Envy, which were my favorites before I tried it.

Thanks. Appreciate the insight. I had literally never heard of Parkers until just a few days ago. Saw some comments here and added it to my list. Also asked my son about it, and he hasn't tried it yet. I'll move it up the priority list.

I know everybody loves to use acronyms here, but even after going over my list, I can't figure out what OWA stands for. I feel like I've seen it before, but it's not clicking. Please enlighten me. Also, what's the significance of someone being in Ohio?

Two others that I just added to the list but haven't ranked yet are Old Ezra 7YR BP and Rebel Yell SiB 10YR. Where do either of those fall on this list?
Old Ezra 7yr is really good and Rebel single barrels can be hit or miss, but usually very good as well.

View attachment 1049125

PARKER'S HERITAGE IS THE ONLY UNICORN, HOMERUN, SLAM DUNK ON THE LIST. #1 BY FAR, NOT EVEN A DISCUSSION IMO

View attachment 1049315
Now for something a little different!

EDIT: wow that is thick....14.7%!

My wife got some cans of cocktail drinks so she can drink something while I have my whisky. She drank half a can and was telling me she was buzzed. I looked at the can and it was like 12%. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom