Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (63 Viewers)

I am HUNTING a BP! Tonight.

20221228_175426.jpg

OK, ran through these 12-15-18 and then reversed and back again. Here are my notes.....

Knob Creek 12
Nose - sweet, rich, bright and full. Vanilla, caramel, a bit of oak and some red fruit.

Palate - sweet caramel and some vanilla, then oak turns up on the finish. Very balanced and smooth. Nice oily texture. Medium finish, mostly oak.

Knob Creek 15
Nose - very subdued. Oak forward with some dark brown sugar undertones.

Palate - lots of oak and barrel char, darker and just a hair astringent. Spicy black pepper and dry oak on the finish, which feels like it ramps up, then hangs on and warms for a while.

Knob Creek 18
Nose - so rich and full. Oaky dry but sweet, vanilla and black cherry and something else very rich and dark that I can't put my finger on. Molasses maybe? And some leather!

Palate - dry and darker, rich. Oak forward but not overpowering. Chewy mouthfeel. Barrel char, dark toasted brown sugar undertones. Peppery tones develop on the finish, which hums along for a while. The extra age come through a lot on this one.

Tldr version:

The 12 is good, one of my favorites. Sweet and rich and oaky, very balanced and a killer bottle at $60-$70.

The 15 is very disappointing. You get a little more age to the flavor, but lose a lot of yhe sweetness and complexity. I wouldn't buy it again.

The 18 is also very good. You can really taste the age in the bottle. It's probably not $200+ good, but I would buy another at msrp to have as a "once in a while" special occasion bottle.

OK, ran through these 12-15-18 and then reversed and back again. Here are my notes.....

Knob Creek 12
Nose - sweet, rich, bright and full. Vanilla, caramel, a bit of oak and some red fruit.

Palate - sweet caramel and some vanilla, then oak turns up on the finish. Very balanced and smooth. Nice oily texture. Medium finish, mostly oak.

Knob Creek 15
Nose - very subdued. Oak forward with some dark brown sugar undertones.

Palate - lots of oak and barrel char, darker and just a hair astringent. Spicy black pepper and dry oak on the finish, which feels like it ramps up, then hangs on and warms for a while.

Knob Creek 18
Nose - so rich and full. Oaky dry but sweet, vanilla and black cherry and something else very rich and dark that I can't put my finger on. Molasses maybe? And some leather!

Palate - dry and darker, rich. Oak forward but not overpowering. Chewy mouthfeel. Barrel char, dark toasted brown sugar undertones. Peppery tones develop on the finish, which hums along for a while. The extra age come through a lot on this one.
1672286760037.gif

18yr - So good. Is it worth MSRP? Yes. Will
I buy another? I doubt it. Saw one today for $500. Lol

15yr - The most overpriced of the bunch. It’s good. But not great for the price.

12yr - Best value award. So damn good. I’m VERY happy to have a bunch of these at MSRP.

9yr - Staple. Nuff said. One of the best values in bourbon.

View attachment 1048810

18yr - So good. Is it worth MSRP? Yes. Will
I buy another? I doubt it. Saw one today for $500. Lol

15yr - The most overpriced of the bunch. It’s good. But not great for the price.

12yr - Best value award. So damn good. I’m VERY happy to have a bunch of these at MSRP.

9yr - Staple. Nuff said. One of the best values in bourbon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom