Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (64 Viewers)

All due respect, I said nothing of the sort. I answered the question asked. If you have a problem with that, I wonder who the snob actually is. :rolleyes:

All due respect, that's exactly what you said. It's all right here in the thread. Kinda silly to deny it.

I was just messing around, so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Happy to agree to drop it and move on.
Oooh - our first drunk-fight in the bourbon thread!

Edit: Nevermind. By morning they'll both sober up and be cool.

I find Ralfy super annoying at times and when I do watch him I watch him at 2x speed:

Feel free to skip the first 22 minutes of the 25 minute video to find out that the 2023 Whisky of the year for him is Port Charlotte 10 years Heavily Peated.

All due respect, that's exactly what you said. It's all right here in the thread. Kinda silly to deny it.
I’m not denying anything. Here was the question and my response.
Fun Thought Exercise: You, a whiskey "snob", are adding whiskey to store bought eggnog. What is the "cheapest" bottle you grab? Evan Williams BiB? Wild Turkey 101? Something from lower shelves?
Can’t got wrong with OF 1920. $60.
Then…
If what you are saying is a $60 bottle of OF 1920 is the cheapest bourbon you'll drink, then I rest my case. Not giving you a hard time. Just saying there are plenty of drinkable bourbons at half that price. No shame in being a snob. Just own it!
I never said it was the cheapest bourbon I’d drink, nor am I denying being a whiskey aficionado. The OP asked what the cheapest bottle would be that I’d add to eggnog. I sensibly replied that I’d want a bottle that I like as a mixer, but, as I noted, was also something I’d enjoy drinking on its own. Perhaps there are cheaper options, but in this case, OF 1920 offers value for money and kills two birds with one stone.

For the record, I drink plenty of cheaper bottles (including, for example, OWA, ETL, Weller 12, etc, which definitely play into my snobbery, lol), but none of those I consider as a mixer.

Still not sure why you felt your Christmas wasn’t complete without having a peculiar go at me, but whatevs. Perhaps I misread your attempt at humor. Hope you had a nice holiday.

…And @Poker Zombie, I was pretty sober, Mike. Maybe I should’ve been drunk. ;)

I’m not denying anything. Here was the question and my response.

Then…

I never said it was the cheapest bourbon I’d drink, nor am I denying being a whiskey aficionado. The OP asked what the cheapest bottle would be that I’d add to eggnog. I sensibly replied that I’d want a bottle that I like as a mixer, but, as I noted, was also something I’d enjoy drinking on its own. Perhaps there are cheaper options, but in this case, OF 1920 offers value for money and kills two birds with one stone.

For the record, I drink plenty of cheaper bottles (including, for example, OWA, ETL, Weller 12, etc, which definitely play into my snobbery, lol), but none of those I consider as a mixer.

Still not sure why you felt your Christmas wasn’t complete without having a peculiar go at me, but whatevs. Perhaps I misread your attempt at humor. Hope you had a nice holiday.

…And @Poker Zombie, I was pretty sober, Mike. Maybe I should’ve been drunk. ;)
Good grief man, I already apologized once. Usually people on here aren't so sensitive. I was not "having a go at you." Typically the use of the laughing emoji indicates kidding around. On the other hand, you keep contradicting yourself, and coming back at me for more. I offered to drop it, and I'll offer again to do so. Or if you want to continue to debate this, then I'll lay out exactly why I thought your comment stream said what you don't think it said. Your choice.

Good grief man, I already apologized once. Usually people on here aren't so sensitive. I was not "having a go at you." Typically the use of the laughing emoji indicates kidding around. On the other hand, you keep contradicting yourself, and coming back at me for more. I offered to drop it, and I'll offer again to do so. Or if you want to continue to debate this, then I'll lay out exactly why I thought your comment stream said what you don't think it said. Your choice.
LOL, ok buddy. Whatever you say. Happy holidays.

BOURBON SUCKS!

There, now all anger can be redirected towards me. Happy Holidays. :)

Though before you redirect, let me know if Winchester Double Oak is any good. I've read some compelling reviews, but at $27, I'm wondering if it is "good" or just "good for the price".

It's a festivus miracle
41D01402-5383-4E96-A021-A094457B8D95.jpeg

BOURBON SUCKS!

There, now all anger can be redirected towards me. Happy Holidays. :)

Though before you redirect, let me know if Winchester Double Oak is any good. I've read some compelling reviews, but at $27, I'm wondering if it is "good" or just "good for the price".
I mean, I agree with the Bourbon sucks crowd and
Since the "you either love scotch that tastes like cigarette ashes, or you're a terrorist" crowd started getting more vocal.
the song of my people!

Since when did whiskey thread become a politics thread?
Since you spelled it wrong. It’s whisky :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Since the "you either love scotch that tastes like cigarette ashes, or you're a terrorist" crowd started getting more vocal.
I don’t really spend much time on this thread as I feel it’s a bit wanky. See if you don’t like the taste of a certain whisky just patch it and try different ones until you find some that you like. Try them with a drop of water instead of ice or neat and see what you think. Just observing from over here (where we can get a decent bottle of single malt for £35) some guys attach a great deal of importance to whiskies. It’s all a bit like the emperor’s new clothes. Just enjoy them, get pished and if you end up in a fight try not to get jailed :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Let’s talk old pepper. Who’s had what batches of old pepper. Their website says there’s been various distilleries involved. I’m going to snag a store pick tomorrow that apparently is old pepper distillate specifically and not MGP etc

Attachments

• 45CBF718-B993-4EC8-9CB1-4B86D18E45AD.jpeg
    45CBF718-B993-4EC8-9CB1-4B86D18E45AD.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 9ECA94E2-7E65-40F4-86F3-4E93959686AD.jpeg
    9ECA94E2-7E65-40F4-86F3-4E93959686AD.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 33
Let’s talk old pepper. Who’s had what batches of old pepper. Their website says there’s been various distilleries involved. I’m going to snag a store pick tomorrow that apparently is old pepper distillate specifically and not MGP etc
I had a single barrel I got at the distillery. It was pretty good.

Maybe Wednesday evening then (12/28) ? I'm continuing my recent Christmas day tradition of going absolutely nowhere and being liquored up by noon, so I'll probably need a couple days to recover lol. If we do say 10pm eastern / 7pm pacific?

Anyone else want to join the fun? Knob Creek 12 year / 15 year / 18 year flight? @wolfpack
@Saoliver @wolfpack @anyoneelsewhowantstojoinin we still good for a Wednesday evening KC 12-15-18 flight?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom