Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (51 Viewers)

20230107_215626.jpg

@Billy Baroo seemed like the right thing to do.

I think I could make the case that Springbank is the Paulson of the whisky world. Kind of boutique/specialized, of undoubted quality, singular in the world it habits, formally (relatively) reasonably priced (though expensive), definitely for those in the know, and now getting out of reach of almost everyone.

Anyhow glad I caught the train years ago.

3350FDED-725E-4806-970D-50D592776CC0.jpeg

I think I could make the case that Springbank is the Paulson of the whisky world. Kind of boutique/specialized, of undoubted quality, singular in the world it habits, formally (relatively) reasonably priced (though expensive), definitely for those in the know, and now getting out of reach of almost everyone.

Anyhow glad I caught the train years ago.

View attachment 1054615
I sampled the 15yr yesterday. I’m impressed and may go buy a bottle.

I'd post mine, but my house is being painted tomorrow while I'm away in London and I've crammed everything from that entire floor of my house into the study so the painters can get to the walls.
My guy told me that it’s gone and he can’t get anymore. So if you see it, you might want to buy it.
I've got a place in NY that I can get rarer stuff from but it costs considerably more than retail. If I could get this at retail I'd not hesitate but I'm not going to pay close to $250 with shipping for it. I did put it and a bottle of Redbreast 27 into my cart before my better angels managed to talk me down. I think I deserve a gold star for that or something.

I saw a Parker’s Heritage (with a brownish label) $499. It was high above the counter and didn’t confirm which it was.

I assume that’s way overpriced …?

I saw a Parker’s Heritage (with a brownish label) $499. It was high above the counter and didn’t confirm which it was.

I assume that’s way overpriced …?
Secondary is $1000 to $1200. $500 is splitting the difference. I’d buy at $500, but I’m crazy.

As long as it’s not the orange curaçao release, it’s going to be great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom