Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (55 Viewers)

I’m a big Makers fan… and F*ck, had to buy it. I know I overpaid, but I bet I’ll not see it anywhere …. Or I’ll see it everywhere now that I picked it up…

IMG_6227.jpeg

Current collection: 114 bottles.

Current collection with more than a sample/neck pour missing: 50 ish

Unopened bottles: 63

I’m going to try to finish some of the opened bottles before getting more. Some opened ones I can’t get right now, so I’ll savor them…
1st up. Let’s put a hurting on some EC toasted.

IMG_6241.jpeg

I’m going to try to finish some of the opened bottles before getting more. Some
Let me know how that works for you. Less than a month ago I was sitting on about 50 bottles with about half of them opened. I told myself that I’d thin the herd a little before I buy any more…I’m now pushing about 70 bottles :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: #facepalm

I’m going to try to finish some of the opened bottles before getting more. Some opened ones I can’t get right now, so I’ll savor them…
You definitely headed down the rabbit hole...

I went from 50ish bottles to 200+ during Covid and never looked back...all open except for backups. Two open GTS for crying out loud, what's wrong with me!?

I went from 50ish bottles to 200+ during Covid and never looked back...all open except for backups. Two open GTS for crying out loud, what's wrong with me!?
Yeah something similar for me but a lot unopened. Like Krafty I’m trying to get through open bottles. I had to start stashing the new bottles at other locations.

I will tend to back off bourbon if it's cooking outside. That's more captain and coke or Tito's weather hahaha

That being said, some of my favorite summer sippers are typically John J Bowman, anything Russell's or something 4 Roses
Summer for me means a 40 oz Sailor Jerry and Diet Coke for my beach cocktail and Summer whiskeys until I pass out...

IMG_7893.jpeg
This was a really weird bottle for me. The deeper into it I got, the more it reminded me of bourbon. It’s good, but it’s kinda stuck in whiskey limbo…too close to bourbon if that’s what you got a taste for and it’s not “Irish enough”, if that makes sense, if you’re wanting Irish. Funny thing…I actually like this, especially for the price…less than $30 after tax, but it just doesn’t fit into either category well enough to be a bottle I’d buy again even though it’s a quality bottle. Single pot still is definitely my jam!

Damn you if you were one who “encouraged” me to explore Irish whiskey :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Warming up.

20240629_181622.jpg

Jack Daniels Bonded Rye

Nose: Spicy herbal notes mixed with candied fruit - apple, pear and a hint of raspberry. Warm oak, vanilla and banana creep up in the background as it sits.

Palate: Dried fruit, oak and almost a mint up front, quickly drying out and moving to the rye and pepper spice, just a hair astringent at times. Very subtle hints of the typical Jack brown sugar, banana and vanilla form a base that lingers as the rye dries out. A couple drops of water really amplifies the fruit and sweetness ands helps tame any bitter notes, very highly recommended!

Finish: Medium intensity on the finish that lingers for a while, more of the vanilla/banana base notes come out as it finishes, all complimented by spicy rye notes that tingle the tongue.

Moving forward, I will always have a bottle of this on hand. Crazy great value. It was laughable that the JD bonded snagged the top spot on Whiskey Advocate's list in 2022 (the Triple Mash they released that year was better than the Bonded....) but this followup offering is really very good.

Yeah something similar for me but a lot unopened. Like Krafty I’m trying to get through open bottles. I had to start stashing the new bottles at other locations.
Same same. I started with a shelf in one of the kitchen pantry cupboards. Then two shelves. Now I’ve taken over three whole cupboards in the pantry. And a limited amount of the overflow is in my home office, but most of the deep collection (e.g., 2-4 backup bottles of MWND from Act 7-Act 11 and many many others) are hidden in the guest bedroom closet. If my wife ever decides to clean that closet I’m a dead man.

Very jealous. This is one of a very few unicorns that if I ever see it at around retail, I will break my $100 rule. If I'm not mistaken, isn't $170 under retail for this bottle?
I have an extra backup, I think, that I’d be willing to part with, if you want to trade…I’d be looking for $150 in value.

Last edited:
Second taste of this one.....

(I'm glad I grabbed 2 bottles of this considering this one is half gone lol)

20240629_190519.jpg

Old Overholt Cask Strength 10 Year

Nose: Cherry vanilla coke, with just a hint of rye and musty oak. Not overpowering at all.

Palate: Rye, cherry, dr pepper, vanilla and mollases up front, which quickly pivots to dry oak and light barrel char, a musty barrel. Very nice combo of spice and a deep sweetness.

Finish: the rye and oak barrel notes come through the most on the finish. Tingly but never outright spicy, the age becomes more prevalent as it finishes.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom