Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (58 Viewers)

I could see that, I found the first pour just a tad hot. Resting a few weeks would probably do this quite well. I also typically don't care for B batches, this is probably the best B since 2020.

I've heard mild "younger" comparisons to C923, and upon revisiting I'd so yeah no lol

View attachment 1351435

My next head to head will be C920 vs C923....

C923 is my favorite ECBP I have had, grabbed 6 bottles have 4 left.

Found an 8yr store pick collecting dust in a store I’ve never been in. Oldest one I’ve seen up til now was barely over 6yr. Looking forward to this one!
IMG_7913.jpeg

Wheater Wednesday
IMG_7920.jpeg
I want to like this because the nose on this fantastic, but there’s just this nasty sour note I’m still getting on the back end of the palate and that’s all I’m getting on the finish. I’ll give this another 2-3 weeks in time out and revisit but I doubt it’ll do it any good:confused

I got that same sour note when I had a sample of their Cellar Aged. Very disappointed in this.

Wheater Wednesday View attachment 1352661I want to like this because the nose on this fantastic, but there’s just this nasty sour note I’m still getting on the back end of the palate and that’s all I’m getting on the finish. I’ll give this another 2-3 weeks in time out and revisit but I doubt it’ll do it any good:confused

I got that same sour note when I had a sample of their Cellar Aged. Very disappointed in this.
I thought the Cellar Aged was really good. Haven't cracked my 46 CS yet.

I thought the Cellar Aged was really good. Haven't cracked my 46 CS yet.
The nose on the Cellar Aged was one of the best I’ve ever experienced and it just fell off a cliff from there. Palate was ok and then that sour shit overpowered everything. The 46 CS is very similar in that it has a great nose and that sour note kills everything for me.

I might just have to come to the realization that me and Makers just isn’t a good match.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom