Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (53 Viewers)

Second taste of this one.....

(I'm glad I grabbed 2 bottles of this considering this one is half gone lol)

View attachment 1350914

Old Overholt Cask Strength 10 Year

Nose: Cherry vanilla coke, with just a hint of rye and musty oak. Not overpowering at all.

Palate: Rye, cherry, dr pepper, vanilla and mollases up front, which quickly pivots to dry oak and light barrel char, a musty barrel. Very nice combo of spice and a deep sweetness.

Finish: the rye and oak barrel notes come through the most on the finish. Tingly but never outright spicy, the age becomes more prevalent as it finishes.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video
Yep! My open bottle won't last much longer either. I really like this one. Good thing I also grabbed 2.

I have an extra backup, I think, that I’d be willing to part with, if you want to trade…I’d be looking for $150 in value.
Great offer. I don't have much high end stuff that's not fairly easy to find. And most of what I do have is opened. Anything in particular I can keep an eye out for?

How is the 94 proof version? I have one somewhere, just haven't opened it. I always drink the high proofs.
I really like this barrel. This is a little off the standard batched profile…not quite as sweet and even though it’s only 8 years old, the oak is very noticeable in a good way. I wish I would have grabbed a second one when I could.

I’m having a nice big pour of B524 now. After a bit of room was created and a few weeks to breathe, this is shaping up to be the best B batch I think I’ve ever had. Grabbed 2 of these but I might try to locate a third…or fourth :rolleyes:

I could see that, I found the first pour just a tad hot. Resting a few weeks would probably do this quite well. I also typically don't care for B batches, this is probably the best B since 2020.

I've heard mild "younger" comparisons to C923, and upon revisiting I'd so yeah no lol

20240630_202504.jpg

My next head to head will be C920 vs C923....

I could see that, I found the first pour just a tad hot. Resting a few weeks would probably do this quite well. I also typically don't care for B batches, this is probably the best B since 2020.

I've heard mild "younger" comparisons to C923, and upon revisiting I'd so yeah no lol

View attachment 1351435

My next head to head will be C920 vs C923....
I don’t get “younger” C923 either. I wish I had some C920 to run with C923…I bet that would make a helluva blind. C920 was incredible but I liked 919 even better. I’d seriously overpay for another C919 :cool

I’m a big Makers fan… and F*ck, had to buy it. I know I overpaid, but I bet I’ll not see it anywhere …. Or I’ll see it everywhere now that I picked it up…

View attachment 1349725
So how good is this, and how much is "overpaid?" I spotted it at a local store and may go back and get it if it's worthwhile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom