Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (73 Viewers)

IMG_7924.jpeg

Wife and her cousins ran out of champagne and the Tito's so they mixed my double oaked Woodford Reserve with shitty cranberry juice and lime. Not the nicest bottle in the world BUT they were mixing it with crap at the point in the night where they couldn't taste the difference anyways. Baaaaa.

IMG_7930.jpeg
Gonna have to thank my buddy again for this bottle…it’s really good! I had to look at the bottle again to verify it’s only 80 proof. Lots of flavor packed into this one and its texture is super creamy. Nice malted chocolate notes along with some dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon and vanilla…very well balanced. The age finally shows on the finish with a nice touch of oak along with the cinnamon and vanilla reappearing for a nice long encore. Very solid, easy sipper that I’m certain that I’ll replace once this one is gone!

Trying a couple new (to me) Old Foresters today. First up is the 1870.

20240707_160532.jpg

Very sweet, I'm getting tons of black cherry, with undertones of vanilla and oak. It also has some subtle bisquity and medicinal notes too, like cherry cough drops or cherry flavored NyQuil. Nice oak punch on the finish. Not bad, but not quite on the level of the 1920/1910 offerings.

Trying a couple new (to me) Old Foresters today. First up is the 1870.

View attachment 1354093

Very sweet, I'm getting tons of black cherry, with undertones of vanilla and oak. It also has some subtle bisquity and medicinal notes too, like cherry cough drops or cherry flavored NyQuil. Nice oak punch on the finish. Not bad, but not quite on the level of the 1920/1910 offerings.
My least favorite of the Whiskey Row series, yet still good.

Next up.... 1897

20240707_163110.jpg

Similar to the 1870, but better and on steroids. @Saoliver I think it was you that mentioned cherry coke, and that hits pretty right on for me. This gets a little heavier and spicier and I get less of the medicinal notes. I would keep this stocked in my cabinet.

Skipping the 1910 today and heading straight to 1920. This further dials up the umph and adds a darker barrel char, deeper vanilla note, and combination of baking spices that amps up the complexity. Still one of the best bourbon values out there.

20240707_173419.jpg

Skipping the 1910 today and heading straight to 1920. This further dials up the umph and adds a darker barrel char, deeper vanilla note, and combination of baking spices that amps up the complexity. Still one of the best bourbon values out there.

View attachment 1354217

This is my favorite of their obtainable bottles

Well, these mini-pours were all in preparation for a special 1924 glass this evening.

20240707_200926.jpg

A toast to a fellow Irishman!

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace....

Right there with you! Sláinte!

View attachment 1354274
Man I LOVE that whiskey room, great setup!

I'm sitting here on the couch, half cranked, and commenting to myself on how good this glass is. Cherry, vanilla, barrel char, brown sugar, toasted marshmellows, and cinanmon in the finish. My wife, son and his girlfriend are all sitting here laughing at me, saying I need to start my own youtube/instagram/tiktok. I point out the fact that there's already another whiskey "Matt" that could pass for my brother (ADHD whiskey) and already 10X more entertaining than I ever could be, and played a few clips. Now they're laughing at me for that (the similarity). Can't fucking win lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom