Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (56 Viewers)

Taking a note from Scott's play book. Using the good shit for an OF.

View attachment 1355577
Probably the best use for A124.

Old Fashioned Cocktail GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Last chance for this one. I’ve not been very happy with this from the get go. Hopefully a good buzz will help me see the light :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: View attachment 1355725
So I was going to roll the dice in the app until I landed on a wheater. This bottle below was my first roll. Seriously, this thing is listening to me! My open bottle is the old style. 46, but not cask strength.

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 17.43.31.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

Figured I'd see if there's really any measurable difference between campuses....

Tyrone vs Camp Nelson
20240710_214839.jpg

Tyrone TY-F
Nose: Sweet -cola with vanilla bean

Palate: a tad funky, cola/sassafras forward with lots of barrel char. Toasted caramel. Clove with borderline rye spicy notes.

Camp Nelson CN-E
Nose: Rich and sweet, vanilla, brown sugar, and some dark red fruit and leather

Palate: Rich vanilla, leather, oak, tobacco, followed by mild baking spices as it settles. Much better balanced.

Two fairly different bottles. The Camp Nelson bottle was definitely more my jam.

I love Maker's Mark...guess it's a palate thing. I cut my teeth on Maker's and ice.
There’s just an odd, off putting note in their offerings that disagrees with me. The “better” the bottle, the more pronounced and sour it gets. Their Cellar Aged has a phenomenal nose and just about turned my stomach once I tasted it. The 46 CS is very similar. Plenty of other shit to blow my cash on :cool

I cut my teeth on WT 101 and you didn’t dare put any ice or water in it in front of grandpa…unless you wanted to go pick out your switch :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

There’s just an odd, off putting note in their offerings that disagrees with me. The “better” the bottle, the more pronounced and sour it gets. Their Cellar Aged has a phenomenal nose and just about turned my stomach once I tasted it. The 46 CS is very similar. Plenty of other shit to blow my cash on :cool

I cut my teeth on WT 101 and you didn’t dare put any ice or water in it in front of grandpa…unless you wanted to go pick out your switch :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I call it the Maker’s funk. I can pick Maker’s out blind every time. I don’t mind it usually.

I was just at my local store to buy a bottle of Compass Box Orchard House for poker tonight. They had GTS for $600, $730 with our stupid tax. I passed, but it was difficult. :cry:

They told me that it has been on the shelf for 3 days. Maybe the (whiskey) recession is here. :unsure:

IMG_7959.jpeg
Things seem normal. This is just as dangerously easy to drink like always. Gonna need to revisit the KC store pick. Spiciest, most rye forward KC rye I ever had.

First Fryeday I’ve been home in a long time without the usual cash game. Got an early flight to Atlantic City in the morning. Staying til Tuesday morning. Local PCFers and reasonably close residents are encouraged to come out and watch me get drunk and donk off 2-3 Gs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

LET’S GET READY TO GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom