Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (56 Viewers)

View attachment 1356849Things seem normal. This is just as dangerously easy to drink like always. Gonna need to revisit the KC store pick. Spiciest, most rye forward KC rye I ever had.

First Fryeday I’ve been home in a long time without the usual cash game. Got an early flight to Atlantic City in the morning. Staying til Tuesday morning. Local PCFers and reasonably close residents are encouraged to come out and watch me get drunk and donk off 2-3 Gs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

LET’S GET READY TO GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOL
Serious In Love GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Woodford Reserve
In Australia, we are blessed with only 40% ABV, but still a very drinkable and versatile bourbon
View attachment 1355872
This probably belongs in another forum, but I'm going to say it anyway. Overly restrictive governments SUCK! Why do people vote for them? Who the heck do politicians think they are telling citizens what they can and can't drink???

There was a time in this country when wars for fought over whiskey related issues.

Maybe we need some whiskey skirmishes.

Ha! I occasionally play cards with a group that is crazy split when it comes to politics, and they love to talk about it (and surprisingly remain civil and friends, go figure!). Several ultra conservative, hunter-type folks with amazing gun collections, and several bleeding heart liberals that are horrified by all that. I sit in the middle while they banter back and forth about how the world is falling apart because of the "potential" of what the other side will do, me happily drinking away. When pressed about what would it take for me to "get more involved", my answer is always the same.

"Try to take my whiskey and see what happens...."

It would be the war to end all wars lol

And seriously though, that ruling has me fascinated. As a chemical engineer by education, I'd love to take a hack at distilling. If I had less responsibilities I'd quit my job tomorrow to learn how.

I didn't take any pictures of my bourbon during the poker game last night. I enjoyed antique Waller's 107, Jack Daniels Rye Barrel proof, Old granddad 114, and if you pours a scotch. Needless to say I'm still recovering.

I didn't take any pictures of my bourbon during the poker game last night. I enjoyed antique Waller's 107, Jack Daniels Rye Barrel proof, Old granddad 114, and if you pours a scotch. Needless to say I'm still recovering.
Woof, that's a whole lotta mix'n.....

Hang Over The Hangover GIF by filmeditor

This (or it's new Missouri cousin) may be my favorite non-barrel strength Irish to date, so deliciously smooth and delicious.......

20240714_180546.jpg

Redbreast Kentucky Oak

Nose: Creamy vanilla bean with almond leads the way, with subtle pot still and dark fruit background notes. Exquisitely rich, one my favorite noses.

Palate: Cinnamon and baking spices on the front of the palate, creamy warm vanilla and subtle brown sugar with the pot still spice mid palate and then the oak dries at the end. Some of the dry red fruit creeps in as well. Almost like a cinnabon (seriously), especially when you alternate nosing and siping. It's not incredibly complex, but it's incredibly well balanced, crazy drinkable and delicious!

Finish: Medium finish, sweet irish pot still notes complimenting oak barrel notes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom