Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (39 Viewers)

View attachment 1359638Not even close to the best batch of 2023 but this crushes the A124 I just killed

20240618_210611.jpg

You need the B524.

Last edited:
Starting a new one but since it’s cash night, it might be gone by midnight :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I went easy at the cash game last night. I had a Woodinville, a KC 12, and a Midwinter Night's Dram. The latter was by far my favorite of the evening.

1721494656262.png

(Sorry about the chips - the host makes up for it with outstanding whiskey.)

IMG_7988.jpeg
Hard to go wrong with either of these. Didn’t blind them because I can easily tell them apart. Batch 2 has a glorious black jelly bean note that lingers for days. What I’m really liking is how batch 1 keeps getting better with each pour! Batch 2 has a significant advantage of being open now for 25 months to the 5 that B1 has been open. Both of these are just outstanding ryes but the anisette note in batch 2 is my jam. It reminds me of the Italian anisette pizzelles my grandmother used to make every Christmas. Great times!

IMG_7989.jpeg
I reserved a couple of sips of batch 2 to see how it compares to this. Batch 2 was my all time favorite rye til I tasted this. B2 holds its own but the Owl is just ridiculous. I can’t find even one little thing to nitpick about it. Up to this point, it just might be the best whiskey I’ve ever had of any kind.

Some fresh cracks tonight. I’ve got to compare the Tincup 10yr vs 14yr… for science.

Not gonna lie, I might not get to the Backbone tonight. I’ve been day drinking by the pool for hours. But I’m trying to rally.

IMG_0510.jpeg

Some fresh cracks tonight. I’ve got to compare the Tincup 10yr vs 14yr… for science.

Not gonna lie, I might not get to the Backbone tonight. I’ve been day drinking by the pool for hours. But I’m trying to rally.

View attachment 1360650
Three of my favorite single barrels have been Backbones...good luck!

Don’t sleep on this years B batch. If it had an older age statement I think people would go nuts over this. I ended up with 2 but if I run across another, I’ll grab it. Pretty sure they’re still floating around here.
IMG_7995.jpeg

I accidentally left the cabinet unlocked before I went to Atlantic City last week and Mrs Baroo purposely did a head count :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A conversation a few nights ago started with her asking me if I knew how many bottles I had :unsure: :rolleyes::whistle: :whistling:
I’ve had the same conversation many times as my collection grew. Now I have a room. My wife went in to pour something for herself last night and after 10min, came out with nothing. She couldn’t decide. Lol

She thought I had 800+ bottles and was relieved when I told her I have only 471. :whistle: :whistling::wtf::sneaky:

I’ve had the same conversation many times as my collection grew. Now I have a room. My wife went in to pour something for herself last night and after 10min, came out with nothing. She couldn’t decide. Lol

She thought I had 800+ bottles and was relieved when I told her I have only 471. :whistle: :whistling::wtf::sneaky:
I showed her your OnlyDrams profile and said I was an amateur…for whatever reason, she didn’t seem that amused :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Poured another B524 and little miss junior Baroo wanted a taste. She’s 20, a rising junior in college and drinking a Dr Pepper and fireball. There’s been quite a few of my lower proof pours that she liked and could pull out different notes…this one…not so much :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think she has a newfound respect for her old Father Time :cool #bondingfurther

IMG_7996.jpeg
Store pick from the county I live in. Lower proof and only 9 years old, this is very tasty! Classic EC profile but there’s a sweet tea note that I’ve never experienced with regular ECBP. Nice long finish and no real rough edges to it. Another EC that I need to procure another one of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom