Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (55 Viewers)

You can't go far wrong with the red breast at all! For a friend's wedding, us as the grooms party got him a bottle of the 25 year old red breast that we cracked open the morning of the wedding! Was a brilliant way of having it I have to say.

IMG_8014.jpeg

20240726_214648.jpg

I've had several glasses of this now, and while it's tasty and very drinkable, I don't get the hype. Of all the bottles I've had from Barrell, it's probably on the bottom of my list (though most of my Barrell selections have been ryes). Just not my flavor profile I guess.

Haha Just finished mine from WT. Good bottle!

View attachment 1363443
This is a bottle I've consistently passed over, again and again, for no good reason. I enjoyed it quite a bit, nothing crazy complex but solid and very drinkable. I get the port barrel finish on the nose but not the palate.

View attachment 1363432

I've had several glasses of this now, and while it's tasty and very drinkable, I don't get the hype. Of all the bottles I've had from Barrell, it's probably on the bottom of my list (though most of my Barrell selections have been ryes). Just not my flavor profile I guess.
I had a couple of pours and haven't gone back yet. Not bad, but not digging it

I had a couple of pours and haven't gone back yet. Not bad, but not digging it

@Billy Baroo sent me a sample, and I can see where he'd love it - some very similar notes as in the KCCS 2010 bottle, birch/root beer and anise notes. Tasty and very unique, but a fairly particular flavor profile.

View attachment 1363432

I’ve had far more of Barrell’s bourbons than their ryes. I’ve yet to have anything from them that I didn’t like a lot. Batch 35’s profile is just perfectly blended for my tastes. But everyone here knows my affinity for the heavy anise profile.

Seagrass is the best thing they’ve done and it’s not even close…fight me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Lets Go Start GIF

Seagrass is no slouch, but these cask strength single barrel ryes are even better....

20220102_222534.jpg

And they have some crazy interesting cask finishings as well. I put this one above Seagrass too:

1722083192205.png

I saw this one the other day, not a rye but I'll likely be heading back to snag it soon....

20240703_184829.jpg

Lets Go Start GIF

Seagrass is no slouch, but these cask strength single barrel ryes are even better....

View attachment 1363555

And they have some crazy interesting cask finishings as well. I put this one above Seagrass too:

View attachment 1363556

I saw this one the other day, not a rye but I'll likely be heading back to snag it soon....

View attachment 1363557

I'm headed out to Total Wine and Liquor after breakfast. I think I'm going to grab a barrel of bottle. Maybe I'll look for a rye. I have some poker money to spend

Fair warning, they usually run $95-$100+, but I've never had one that wasn't worth it as a treat bottle.

The barrel seagrass is 95 out the door here. The private barrels sometimes run a little more. I've done wallet poker, so fuck it, but b thanks

The barrel seagrass is 95 out the door here. The private barrels sometimes run a little more. I've done wallet poker, so fuck it, but b thanks
Wow, I guess I'm lucky (for once), there are a few places that gouge this bottle, but I can typically find it for $70-$75, and the single barrel store picks are $20-$30 more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom