Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (60 Viewers)

Wow, I guess I'm lucky (for once), there are a few places that gouge this bottle, but I can typically find it for $70-$75, and the single barrel store picks are $20-$30 more.

It'll be about $90 out the door. That is state minimum here

Seagrass is no slouch, but these cask strength single barrel ryes are even better....
I’ve only seen one Barrel single barrel rye over the last few years and for whatever reason (probably that I’m an idiot) I passed on it. I won’t make that mistake again. I’ve heard the ones that are 100% Canadian rye are sourced barrels from Alberta Premium.

I’ve only seen one Barrel single barrel rye over the last few years and for whatever reason (probably that I’m an idiot) I passed on it. I won’t make that mistake again. I’ve heard the ones that are 100% Canadian rye are sourced barrels from Alberta Premium.
I've heard the same, and the bottle I had sure tasted like it. I haven't seen one of the SiB CS canadian ryes on the shelf in a couple of years.

20240727_115236.jpg

Nice scoop on the Russell's 15, that's one I've never even seen in the wild around here.

Last edited:
Yeah putting this out there. If anyone has access to RR15 and doesn’t want it plz think of me
James Franco Please GIF

@Saoliver called it dibs just in case I don’t open this. I will have to wait for the next ABC drop. Hopefully Mrs. doesn’t make excuses next time!!

For anyone close enough to VA, the past two drops occurred close to end of the month on Saturday. Not sure if this pattern will continue. I wish I got the Stagg 24A. This is too much money for me so maybe just an occasional pour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dcwhisky/s/aD5eNwAX9C
https://www.reddit.com/r/DMVWhisky/s/9GivLjatWG

IMG_6609.jpeg

I was literally just thinking about this bottle...

So I went and counted my reserves.

They don't sell it anymore right?
They do but it’s only sold in Tennessee. Is it the same MGP bourbon they were getting? Couldn’t tell you. My bottle WAS my reserve but I found a store close to campus where my daughter goes to college that still has a decent amount leftover. We move her in on August 19th. They’re holding a case for me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

3 are for me and the other 3 are going to a friend who also loves that bottle.

Last edited:
I really like this but I think I prefer their bourbon store picks. This is my first store pick rye so I need a larger sample size before making final judgement. It’s a touch hot, but if it mellows out a little more, I might be swayed to the rye side :cool
IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8062.jpeg

One of the best rye store picks I’ve had from KC. Leftover from 2023 and there’s plenty around here!

This has a nice black jelly bean note on the palate and finish…it’s not a prevalent as the 2010 Cask Strength that I love, but it’s there and I’m a big fan!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom