Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (52 Viewers)

Man down. This was a spicy bottle, lots of cinnamon to compliment the typical banana cream pie notes.

20240801_184527.jpg

IMG_8093.jpeg
For some reason I got the sudden urge to crack this bottle :cool

Not quite a cinnamon bomb, but I have noticed that note being more prominent in more recent releases. This one reminds me of a French toast made with banana nut bread and dusted with cinnamon sugar. Excellent start to this bottle!

20240801_203120.jpg

Jack Daniels Coy Hill (140.2p)

Nose: Big but not overpowering nose, wonderful blend of vanilla, banana, and a sweet caramel. As it sits, a hint of blackberry jam and a whiff of chocolate emerge. Very well balanced with almost no trace of ethanol, which is insane considering the proof....

Palate: Bold, warm vanilla and spicy oak, banana runt, a dash of black pepper and cinnamon and red hots. Very slight sweet cola note, which yields a cream soda-like experience when combined with the banana sweetness. Wonderful mouthfeel - full, oily and spicy that absolutley lights up the palate, yet without being hot (seriously). Again, I'm surprised at how well this drinks at 140+ proof.

Finish: medium finish, warm barrel charred molasses and spicy oak.

Thank you for the taste @Saoliver, this was incredible my friend. :love: Now the quest to find a bottle without compromising my ability to pay for my son's college tuition bill begins.........

View attachment 1366919

Jack Daniels Coy Hill (140.2p)

Nose: Big but not overpowering nose, wonderful blend of vanilla, banana, and a sweet caramel. As it sits, a hint of blackberry jam and a whiff of chocolate emerge. Very well balanced with almost no trace of ethanol, which is insane considering the proof....

Palate: Bold, warm vanilla and spicy oak, banana runt, a dash of black pepper and cinnamon and red hots. Very slight sweet cola note, which yields a cream soda-like experience when combined with the banana sweetness. Wonderful mouthfeel - full, oily and spicy that absolutley lights up the palate, yet without being hot (seriously). Again, I'm surprised at how well this drinks at 140+ proof.

Finish: medium finish, warm barrel charred molasses and spicy oak.

Thank you for the taste @Saoliver, this was incredible my friend. :love: Now the quest to find a bottle without compromising my ability to pay for my son's college tuition bill begins.........
Happy to share. I’m glad you had a warm up pour before. I didn’t.

Finally! Been looking for OWA 107 for over a year.

View attachment 1367957
Nice score! I’m not a huge wheater fan but A107 is a winner! I like it better than the 12yr and Full Proof just isn’t available to me where I’m at.

That Compass Box is probably one of 3-4 scotches I’d consider trying if I could find it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom