Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (49 Viewers)

Barrell rye makes a great old fashioned.

20240917_122243.jpg

IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1831.jpeg
IMG_1821.jpeg

Cleaning out my dad’s bar, cam across this Jack Bicentennial still in packaging in bottle. Looks to have some value from a quick search.

And a neon light he has had since the 80’s. Our last name is Miller. But this rotating light is cool. It rotates in two different directions. It has chips, dice, cards and then the Dunes, Flamingo etc.

IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1845.jpeg
IMG_1848.jpeg
IMG_1850.jpeg
IMG_1853.jpeg
IMG_1854.jpeg
IMG_1856.jpeg

A few more dusty, unopened bottles I came across. Don’t know much about any. I know VO and Canadian Mist were his favorites until he starting splurging on Crown lol. He must have 10 bottles of crown unopened too.

Not much of a drinker, but I assume liquor doesn’t go bad. At least the unopened bottles. The Chivas is 1/2 gone, is that still good?

View attachment 1389568View attachment 1389569View attachment 1389570View attachment 1389571View attachment 1389572View attachment 1389573View attachment 1389574

A few more dusty, unopened bottles I came across. Don’t know much about any. I know VO and Canadian Mist were his favorites until he starting splurging on Crown lol. He must have 10 bottles of crown unopened too.

Not much of a drinker, but I assume liquor doesn’t go bad. At least the unopened bottles. The Chivas is 1/2 gone, is that still good?
Wow, a true dusty collection!

Love that wild turkey single barrel bottle

Wow, a true dusty collection!

Love that wild turkey single barrel bottle
If I’m seeing the top bottle label correctly, it appears that the Kentucky Spirit bottle was bottled in 94. That was the first year for those. Highly collectible and I’m very jealous :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Incredible find @Littleluck55

If I’m seeing the top bottle label correctly, it appears that the Kentucky Spirit bottle was bottled in 94. That was the first year for those. Highly collectible and I’m very jealous :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Incredible find @Littleluck55

Yes, 9-94

IMG_1842.jpeg
IMG_1843.jpeg

They have been sitting in the basement since he bought them. Now time to clean them up and put them on the shelf when the basement/bar is done

Cheers! Such a great pour. I’m thinking I SHOULD make an old fashioned.

View attachment 1389681
I would have, but my daughter thought it would be ok to use all of my luxardos for her cocktails while she was home on summer break and not tell me. I was out of ice balls as well.

Our barrels are very close together so I’m thinking yours is very similar to mine and yes, it’s absolutely fantastic!!

I would have, but my daughter thought it would be ok to use all of my luxardos for her cocktails while she was home on summer break and not tell me. I was out of ice balls as well.

Our barrels are very close together so I’m thinking yours is very similar to mine and yes, it’s absolutely fantastic!!
My mini-fridge/freezer in my whiskey room went out this week, so no good ice cubes or balls for me.

Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds.

#firstworldproblems

My mini-fridge/freezer in my whiskey room went out this week, so no good ice cubes or balls for me.

Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds.

#firstworldproblems
Do you need an emotional support animal to get you thru this difficult time? I got 2 lazy ass hounds that would love to come over and raid your fridge :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

How is it? Forgot if someone commented previously
It’s pretty good. Definitely better than A124 but B523 is still their benchmark for me. I thought C923 was better as well.

I get a ton of cinnamon and heavy barrel char in this one. It drinks pretty hot but not as obnoxious as I thought A124 was. There’s some nice underlying dark fruits and chocolate notes that appear as the heat dissipates. Finish could stand to be a tad bit longer but it’s decent as is. At $65, these are still no brainer snap buys and usually worth getting a backup. That’s my .02

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom