Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (24 Viewers)

This bottle has gotten even sweeter and more interesting with some resting time and air.

View attachment 1396821

This is like an almond raspberry thumbprint sugar cookie......

View attachment 1396822

.....but with apricot preserves instead of raspberry. Just delicious!
Yeah, killed mine rather quickly. I didn't get your tasting notes but rather a heavy cinnamon spice. What batch is that?

This bottle has gotten even sweeter and more interesting with some resting time and air.

View attachment 1396821

This is like an almond raspberry thumbprint sugar cookie......

View attachment 1396822

.....but with apricot preserves instead of raspberry. Just delicious!
Which batch do you have? Anyone had several of these and noticed much difference between batches? I have noticed there are slight proof differences. I currently have batch 32, and saw batch 27 in a nearby store that I may go back and get for a backup.

Yeah, killed mine rather quickly. I didn't get your tasting notes but rather a heavy cinnamon spice. What batch is that?

Which batch do you have? Anyone had several of these and noticed much difference between batches? I have noticed there are slight proof differences. I currently have batch 32, and saw batch 27 in a nearby store that I may go back and get for a backup.

Didn't even notice these come in batches, lol. But this appears to be an older batch (though I bought it this year)....

20241001_222638.jpg

I initially popped this back in April. Here are my latest full set of tasting notes:

James E Pepper Barrel Proof Decanter

Nose: Lovely deep vanilla, dark brown sugar, a bit of dark fruit / ripe orchard apples, oak and some barrel char. Rich and sweet.

Palate: Rich vanilla, sweet almond sugar cookie and some bright apricot up front, followed by a big splash of baking spices (cinnamon and nutmeg). Dry barrel charred oak then ramps up as it finishes.

Finish: long, starts dark and dry with tons of oak, but the sweet almond notes prevail in the background.

Didn't even notice these come in batches, lol. But this appears to be an older batch (though I bought it this year)....

View attachment 1396861

I initially popped this back in April. Here are my latest full set of tasting notes:

James E Pepper Barrel Proof Decanter

Nose: Lovely deep vanilla, dark brown sugar, a bit of dark fruit / ripe orchard apples, oak and some barrel char. Rich and sweet.

Palate: Rich vanilla, sweet almond sugar cookie and some bright apricot up front, followed by a big splash of baking spices (cinnamon and nutmeg). Dry barrel charred oak then ramps up as it finishes.

Finish: long, starts dark and dry with tons of oak, but the sweet almond notes prevail in the background.
I just finished a batch 11.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom