Poker Cheating Demonstrations (first video uploaded! Link in OP) (34 Viewers)

Pretty sure it goes, "Hey ya!" ;)

music video GIF

I was thinking of asking this. Similar videos started to appear on my YT feed a few weeks ago. It would be nice to see signs a person is manipulating the cards.

What exactly is “catching a hanger”?
I’m guessing you mean the scene where Worm gets caught?

Imagine you’re dealing one card at a time off the top of the deck. Every once in a while, a second card comes out with the first. When that happens, sometimes it can get pulled back onto the pack without much issue, or it can be dealt to the next player, or it gets exposed and can cause a misdeal or whatever…

The same thing can happen when bottom dealing. Basically when two cards come out as one from the bottom of the deck, and the mechanic tries to quickly pull it back into the deck, it’s called a hanger. If you actually watch that scene closely, Worm actually does have a card that sticks out from the bottom of the deck…it’s a great detail!

Just saw this thread and love it!! Making people aware of cheating techniques is the best way to decrease cheating. I just started a thread where I’m going to make videos demonstrating many (if not all) of these techniques. @Taghkanic I’d love your (and other members’) input on what y'all would like to see in videos! :)
He did lol

First video has been uploaded. I didn't send too much time filming or editing this, I just wanted to get it out into the world and start the ball rolling.

Here's the link to the first video!

In future episodes my plan is to show not necessarily HOW to do each technique, but what to look for when trying to spot cheats and how you can protect yourself.

First video has been uploaded. I didn't send too much time filming or editing this, I just wanted to get it out into the world and start the ball rolling.

In future episodes my plan is to show not necessarily HOW to do each technique, but what to look for when trying to spot cheats and how you can protect yourself.
I’m never tossing you a drink when you’re dealing

How secure do you think is a self dealt homegame in which there are 3 players involved in that hole procedure? The first shuffles, the second cuts and third player is dealing the cards.

I’m just kidding… but for real, great job!

Curious whether things like a sky cam might divert people trying to use misdirection? But I guess they could still hide from the camera.

Also I wonder if you should get sponsored by shuffletech/deckmate, saying don’t trust a hand shuffle, look what I can do (there’s probably another cheat even using an automated shuffler though, correct?).

How secure do you think is a self dealt homegame in which there are 3 players involved in that hole procedure? The first shuffles, the second cuts and third player is dealing the cards.
In theory pretty safe, but if I was dead set on cheating in that situation, I might use marked cards, or signals with another player, or even could set the deck when shuffling. Yea it gets cut, but there way to “beat the cut” and still have a winner dealt to myself.

The basic answers is I believe it’s as safe as the players in the game. If someone wants to cheat, they’ll find a way.

But overall I think the vast majority of games don’t involve cheating.

I always thought a fun way to circumvent the loaded marked card issue is everyone brings their own deck of cards and the dealer randomly deals out cards to see whose deck gets used for the night…
Are there methods to check marked cards, like UV flash lights? I wonder if UV can detect blemishes in the cards like it can on poker chips I thought were clean... lol

Are there methods to check marked cards, like UV flash lights? I wonder if UV can detect blemishes in the cards like it can on poker chips I thought were clean... lol
Idk @TheJestyr hopefully will review this. But I imagine one way to circumvent would be to wear the contacts / glasses yourself as a defense mechanism. Not sure if they make RFID scanners…

I like the outside back drop and overall flow of the vid, I also like your positioning in the frame, rule of 3rds, nice shot!

Not only is it a blue deck out of a red Bicycle, but those are also tally hos!

That table has to be hard to work on, you should get a holdem table with padding to make it easier on you.

I don't like that you're using paper, although you do see it in home games.

@11:14 | 18:45 flourishes and card control wins 0 points here, you're not doing that at the home game :wtf:

You're false shuffle and cut where clumsy, you're not good enough to get by as a cheater ;) but I appreciate you showing it.

Pushing the Q was nice, and the control was fine, but the patter and demo was really the only way you can validate your stack, so its a little out of scope, the other side of that would be, if you were going to cheat you'd be better at it and not need the patter / demo of the shuffle..

The cut at 14:19 was clean, had to watch it a few times

I think most of the players are interested in holdem, and it has the largest impact, but even in other games a card or two advantages is a big deal.

I expected you to show dealing off the bottom, dealing seconds (top and bottom) and showing the value of a cut card.

there are several ways to mark cards
Inks where you can see it through a filter, typically red or green
ink that you can smudge
nicks in the side, hard to do with plastic cards
from a manufacturer, a special dot printed in the card in a specific location within the design
Most recently I heard of a ink that you can mark on the side of the deck and use your phone camera to show sort order.

Using a cut card really helps, and having 2 ppl, one shuffle and one cut and deal is plenty. Not to say the dealer couldn't use other methods to cheat.
I always thought a fun way to circumvent the loaded marked card issue is everyone brings their own deck of cards and the dealer randomly deals out cards to see whose deck gets used for the night…
No, the host is responsible for providing security at the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom