Show Us Your Live Stacks (17 Viewers)

Visiting a home game in South Williamsport
FF3610F3-CC54-41BC-9C42-D695EF8380DC.jpeg

Here's a picture from my last game earlier this month. The pokerchips are Clays, German Bullets Playing Cards "Tony", denominations from 1 to 1.000 whereas we don't play with the 1s.
View attachment 1061863
No offense, but pretty sure those are not actual compressed clay chips. They look like ceramics or plastic.

No offense, but pretty sure those are not actual compressed clay chips. They look like ceramics or plastic.
Hmm :unsure: in the shop they are declared as clay chips (https://bulletscards.de/products/pokerkoffer-mit-500-designer-clay-pokerchips-mit-werten). They are very heavy, about 14g.

Ceramics, I'm guessing.
I am pretty sure they are no ceramics. A few days ago I had some Nevada Jacks in hand, they seem slimmer and not that heavy.

mm :unsure: in the shop they are declared as clay chips (https://bulletscards.de/products/pokerkoffer-mit-500-designer-clay-pokerchips-mit-werten). They are very heavy, about 14g.

I am pretty sure they are no ceramics. A few days ago I had some Nevada Jacks in hand, they seem slimmer and not that heavy.

Everything about that link suggests slugged plastic.
  • Aluminum case
  • Cards
  • Dice
  • Rules on how to play hold'em. I'd bet $100 that their hand ranks use the Royal Flush as the best hand, instead of just Straight Flush that a Royal is.
  • A "10" chip - which tells me they don't really know how chips work efficiently.
  • Priced at less than 40¢ a chip, assuming the case, dice, and cards are free - which they aren't, so the price per chip is probably closer to 25¢ - the price point expected for stylish plastic chips.
Still, a nice looking plastic chip. It's far better than dice chips. It's just a shady dealer selling something as "clay" when it is not. :mad:

Everything about that link suggests slugged plastic.
  • Aluminum case
  • Cards
  • Dice
  • Rules on how to play hold'em. I'd bet $100 that their hand ranks use the Royal Flush as the best hand, instead of just Straight Flush that a Royal is.
  • A "10" chip - which tells me they don't really know how chips work efficiently.
  • Priced at less than 40¢ a chip, assuming the case, dice, and cards are free - which they aren't, so the price per chip is probably closer to 25¢ - the price point expected for stylish plastic chips.
Still, a nice looking plastic chip. It's far better than dice chips. It's just a shady dealer selling something as "clay" when it is not. :mad:
Thanks! I'm still at the beginning, so this was very helpful!
And your're right, they are far better than dice chips. That's why I bought them in the first place.
My next set will probably be ceramics - but not before seeing some in real. That's another point I just learned: Buy a sample set.

Hmm :unsure: in the shop they are declared as clay chips (https://bulletscards.de/products/pokerkoffer-mit-500-designer-clay-pokerchips-mit-werten). They are very heavy, about 14g.

Sorry to break this to you, but lots of retailers sell plastic and ceramic chips and call them clay. There's even a brand of chips called Claysmith that sells slugged plastic and china clay chips only. Many people are fooled by this and swear that their Milano line are compressed clay, but they are not. The only brand new clay chips today that are available to the consumer are Classic Poker Chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom