Star Wars The Force Awakens Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Wanna go back for 2nd viewing. One thing that bugged me was seeing the mayor of Yonkers flying an X-wing. Not a big Oscar Isaac fan and can't help but wish someone else had the part.

showmeahero03_article_story_large.jpg

Just found this link: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-Lego-Millenium-Falcon-so-expensive-on-eBay

Looks like the much larger model from 2007 (5x the pieces of most of the other Falcon models) is the one that costs thousands. But in the Conan video Jordan says it's the model from 2011 that goes for 5 grand..............quick Trihonda, make a Conan Fan Correction video and let him know of their error!

I believe the conan video said it was "built" in 2010 (not gonna watch to verify), and the 2007 UCS Falcon was sold through 2010. Feasible, that a 2010 Falcon was purchased aftermarket, and then assembled by superfan staffer whenever...

I believe the conan video said it was "built" in 2010 (not gonna watch to verify), and the 2007 UCS Falcon was sold through 2010. Feasible, that a 2010 Falcon was purchased aftermarket, and then assembled by superfan staffer whenever...

Just skipped ahead and indeed you're correct, he says he put it together in 2010 and it took 60 man-hours to complete.

Glad you guys got to the bottom of this. I was on pins and needles.

Cliffs? I didn't want to waste precious minutes of what life I have remaining on the video and links. Somebody's toy got smashed?

Nevermind...

Honestly Legos are pretty indestructible. If I had one and showed it to Harrison Ford and he threw it over his head and the end result was I had to put it back together, I'd be so psyched to have a personal story about the unending hatred he has for the franchise. And honestly, how do you sign a Lego anything? Obviously a setup.

Wanna go back for 2nd viewing. One thing that bugged me was seeing the mayor of Yonkers flying an X-wing. Not a big Oscar Isaac fan and can't help but wish someone else had the part.

View attachment 26332

View attachment 26332

Missed this when you posted the first time. I'm hot and cold on Oscar Isaac. He was fantastic in Inside Llewyn Davis and A Most Violent Year (a severely underrated movie imo), but in general for some reason my default is to not like him. I thought he had one bad moment in TFA (his first smarmy line: "Do you talk first or do I talk first?"), but apart from that I liked him fine.

Missed this when you posted the first time. I'm hot and cold on Oscar Isaac. He was fantastic in Inside Llewyn Davis and A Most Violent Year (a severely underrated movie imo), but in general for some reason my default is to not like him. I thought he had one bad moment in TFA (his first smarmy line: "Do you talk first or do I talk first?"), but apart from that I liked him fine.

Still not a fan but a little more bearable on 2nd viewing. Partially blame the writers/producers/directors. Must use the line "give 'em all you got" 4+ times. Just doesn't fit the persona of hotshot pilot imo. He's no @Redbelly

The movie as a whole was much better on the second viewing for me. I think I was a little unfairly harsh before. It was easier to appreciate the strengths when I wasn't going in cold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom