The Concert Thread (1 Viewer)

The Grateful Dead was the best party on wheels for many years! You could gather your crew and tour up and down the coast or hop from state to state.

You could see them 3-4 nights in a row and they wouldn’t repeat 1 song. The ultimate Tailgating party with all kinds of people selling they’re wares…It was a great ride while it lasted

Last edited:
Anyway, back on topic, I've seen Bon Jovi, Springsteen (x 3), U2, Guns N' Roses, Billy Joel, Eve 6, Ed Sheeran (was a date night, don't judge me), and many many others live, but the most electric experience I've had was The Gaslight Anthem at Webster Hall in 2012 (I think). It was the night that what turned out to be their most successful album came out. They started the show with a slow song from their new album. Stunned silence like "holy shit that was really good" at the end of the song, and then huge cheers. The place became unglued when the cover song for the album that was much faster and more upbeat came on next. Even though the album had just come out that day, the place was filled with the diehards and the whole place was shouting that next song (their best known song) at the top of their lungs. There were times I honestly felt the floor was going to collapse and the roof was going to be blown off of the place. Constant energy from the band all night long and the crowd was the most into a show than I've ever been to, and I've been to three Springsteen shows at Giants Stadium/Metlife.

God, I can't believe this was 10 years ago. Found a video from that night (not mine). I'm probably in this video a few times but it's hard to make out with 2012 camera phone video quality ( I was 3 or 4 rows of people back, dead center, from the lead singer on stage).

I fucking love Gaslight. Really hope to have a chance to catch one of their shows with their recent reunion happening. I was first introduced to them in 2008 in Portland, opening for Alk3, Thrice, and Rise Against. Hell of a fun show, but never got to see them again after.

Last edited:
Finally got to see some live music again. Pearl Jam in Krakow last week. My wife and I always do a city weekend whenever they or Eddie Vedder tour Europe. This was my 10th show. Too old and tired for the mosh pit, though, seated only nowadays.

BFEA9D54-8DA0-447F-A05C-A8325126B27D.jpeg
BBC8DAA6-83CC-4013-AF5C-888302312CA5.jpeg

Best non Pearl Jam shows I’ve been to. Few photos on the phone.

Simon and Garfunkel - Stockholm 2004
R.E.M. - Gothenburg 2005
Leonard Cohen - Stockholm 2010. Great seats but shitty camera.

43BE5CC5-8D7A-4969-9C32-E910B9ACD03C.jpeg
4848CA3C-6A6A-409B-AF90-66C3188C7594.jpeg

Paul Simon - Stockholm 2018

Edit: had a couple after all

DA0CE325-6593-49E2-B36B-EAB8E71C4D6B.jpeg
B32F38C8-5159-4DF1-BED5-5F3155E4B938.jpeg

Last edited:
Heading to Cincinnati tomorrow night to see Jimmy Buffett.
He always puts on a good show and the people watching is hard to beat! Coconut bikinis and hula skirts lol.

I did see Garth Brooks in Cincinnati about a month ago. Great show. If you’ve never seen him in concert you should add that to your list.

He always puts on a good show and the people watching is hard to beat! Coconut bikinis and hula skirts lol.

I did see Garth Brooks in Cincinnati about a month ago. Great show. If you’ve never seen him in concert you should add that to your list.
I've seen Jimmy every year since 1996. Huge Parrothead. He always puts on a great show.

I'm seeing him in Vegas in October.

Jimmy Killed it last night! 75 is the new 30 I guess... @TomC727 wasalso my first year seeing him, met him in 98 and he looks almost the same now! I need him to be ageless! He promised to come back to MPP and NOT 19 years later next time!
20220719_205059.jpg

Bare foot as always, thousands of people dancing and signing having the time of their lives! As it should be at a buffet show.

Unfortunately we were deprived of grass skirts and Coconut Bras this year. We were definitely in the "Rich Old Folks section" at $200 a seat from ticket master now... I can't really blame people for going for the $75 lawn tickets.

But we still caught a bit of Fauna for @k9dr starting to think we need a dedicated folder for these things. Anyone saying "omg Brie is going to kill him!" For the record she asks me to take the pictures to post! Lol
20220719_195132.jpg

20220719_195705.jpg

20220719_200108.jpg

Yup... total creeper pics all for Mark! Lmao and @FordPickup92 says you are welcome sir!

I've seen Jimmy every year since 1996. Huge Parrothead. He always puts on a great show.

I'm seeing him in Vegas in October.
I seen him in Vegas about 18 years ago. His worst show for me. The sound was off.

BUT...... that’s because they were recording the live in Las Vegas CD and that turned out amazing.
At the time I didn’t know that but now I have a LIVE concert CD that I was actually at.

I’ve seen him about 10 times in about 6 venues.

Just remembered I forgot one of the coolest shows. Bonnie Prince Billy in Stockholm 2008 in this awesome place ”Berns salonger” (I don’t have photos from the actual concert)

8CFE7D2F-2C30-42D4-AD0F-916E0950DECF.jpeg

Jimmy Killed it last night! 75 is the new 30 I guess... @TomC727 wasalso my first year seeing him, met him in 98 and he looks almost the same now! I need him to be ageless! He promised to come back to MPP and NOT 19 years later next time!
View attachment 952584
Bare foot as always, thousands of people dancing and signing having the time of their lives! As it should be at a buffet show.

Unfortunately we were deprived of grass skirts and Coconut Bras this year. We were definitely in the "Rich Old Folks section" at $200 a seat from ticket master now... I can't really blame people for going for the $75 lawn tickets.

But we still caught a bit of Fauna for @k9dr starting to think we need a dedicated folder for these things. Anyone saying "omg Brie is going to kill him!" For the record she asks me to take the pictures to post! Lol
View attachment 952586
View attachment 952587
View attachment 952588
Yup... total creeper pics all for Mark! Lmao and @FordPickup92 says you are welcome sir!
This is awesome!
I thought about you two last night when I was listening to it on radio Margaritaville.
Was wondering if you all were there.
Can’t wait till tomorrow!

I seen him in Vegas about 18 years ago. His worst show for me. The sound was off.

BUT...... that’s because they were recording the live in Las Vegas CD and that turned out amazing.
At the time I didn’t know that but now I have a LIVE concert CD that I was actually at.

I’ve seen him about 10 times in about 6 venues.
Have you done the Fruitcakes on the Radio thing. I'm tempted to email the station to do it again.

It was a blast when I did it about 5 years ago. Really cool experience.

I've always liked this picture of Eddie from 2008, when I snagged 2nd row seats off Ticketmaster the day of the show:

000_0061.jpg

And then the time Chadwick Stokes & The Pintos played a last-minute show in Chad's living room when their show in Maine got snowed out:

20190119_202713.jpg

Here is a video I took at that show, it was such a great experience:

Last edited:
459E51AF-0069-42A5-A36C-BC87A37C7F7F.jpeg
My wife took this pic from a Soundgarden concert in 2013 on her iPhone! It was at the Borgata in AC. I remember looking at it while the concert was going on and saying…”I can’t believe the picture you just took!!!” We we’re literally leaning on the rail just to the left of center stage. The best way to see a concert!

Last edited:
Sad to see his condition now, but thankful I got to see Phil twice on the same tour: Wembley in 2004 and Glasgow in 2005.

In the Air Tonight was worth the price of admission alone. Absolute perfection.

Skip to 5:20 for you know what...

Well... from zero concerts in like 30 months to two in consecutive evenings!
20220720_184628.jpg

Brie is sporting my beautiful hat won at the KC Straddle from @Justin Olson !

Ok so this is our local Carnival about 3 minutes from home. One of my absolute favorite local bands. "The Amish Outlaws" playing absolutely free! We showed up last minute and got great seats...

These guys are straight out of Lanchaster PA (deep Amish country) and an absolute riot, halarious but also very talented cover band!

@FordPickup92 has never seen them so this was a must!

They do a War Pig/Move Bitch by Ludacris mash up that is absolutely amazing in person!

Unfortunately @k9dr you haven't made to Carrol County, MD yet so...
20220720_200206.jpg

The best Fauna is a 55 YO witha bowl cut!
But she's got moves! Lmao
20220720_200036.jpg

Atleast there is a beautiful Ford for sale here in the concert yard.

Not saying it's totally backwoods here, but they did have to stop the show for the Heffers to cross infront of the stage! Lmao

This band is awesome, Brie has been having a ball! They tell jokes the whole time... keeps you in stitches! Madana, Burno Mars, Johnny Cash, Back Street Boys! Literally a "Mix" of music! Haha

Last concert was Luke Combs at the Bottleneck festival Memorial Day weekend. He's absolutely amazing live! I wish he'd come back to Idaho soon... I'll settle for all the other country concerts here in the mean time =)
20220529_202530.jpg

I love live music. A couple recent shows I attended. These should date me, as I’m guessing most of the younger crowd has no idea who the artists are!

8DE0F639-1FAB-4C0E-86B7-1CCB44E8D9BF.jpeg
2854D8C7-DEDF-4988-BD93-5FE16FBEF249.jpeg

I love live music. A couple recent shows I attended. These should date me, as I’m guessing most of the younger crowd has no idea who the artists are!

View attachment 956315View attachment 956317
Brother seeing Ole Ed Roland with his beautiful 12 string is about as good as it gets! Blah blah "that's not Collective Soul anymore!" Blah blah!

His stage presence us absolutely amazing, pretty sure he still maintains a line of coke every 5 minutes... notice you will almost NEVER see his eyes!

"Why drink the water from my hands... contagious as you think I am!" December by CS, still one of my favorites of all time!

(For the record no idea who that old fart is in the Howdy Doudie get up in the first pick! Lol) Roy Rodgers? Haha

Brother seeing Ole Ed Roland with his beautiful 12 string is about as good as it gets! Blah blah "that's not Collective Soul anymore!" Blah blah!

His stage presence us absolutely amazing, pretty sure he still maintains a line of coke every 5 minutes... notice you will almost NEVER see his eyes!

"Why drink the water from my hands... contagious as you think I am!" December by CS, still one of my favorites of all time!

(For the record no idea who that old fart is in the Howdy Doudie get up in the first pick! Lol) Roy Rodgers? Haha
Great to see another CS fan!! I’ve seen them too many times to remember. They ALWAYS put on a great show.

The “Howdy Doodie” is Chris Isaak. His shows are almost like a variety show. He’s getting a ways up in age, but his voice is strong as ever. He is hysterical too. Always engaging with the crowd and keeping the audience laughing.

I am not a big music fan. Anyone like Death Cab? Apparently some dude from that band is sitting next to me at the basketball game tonight. Haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom