The Official Indiana Grand Showcase thread (4 Viewers)

Hmmmm Murder HSI 500s. Or Murder em all?!

Attachments

• 20220603_165935.jpg
    20220603_165935.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 178
Someone help me complete my sec. I need a secondary $1 for my arc yellow setView attachment 923066
Wouldn't all that arc yellow, black and blue blend in too much? I don't see those sec 100s meshing well. I can see a green chip with arc yellow. Had a whole bunch of Paradice $25s. @joeyshin I know a few people with some if you need.
PXL_20220518_231524324.jpg

Last edited:
Mine came in safe and (mostly) sound. Box of snappers was a jumbled up mess, but somehow they all stayed contained. Biggest surprises are the secondary $5 and $25 — knew I’d like ‘em, but not this much! Biggest disappointment? 62 GOs out of 280 primary $5s, a whopping 22%!

417B1175-E94F-4E67-AB6A-6A72323FD9CB.jpeg

7738D96B-32B3-4B8F-8F91-0910E4EE02AF.jpeg

Any concerns with red fading? I've seen a fair amount of faded red chips from ultrasonic cleaning, but think it may be running them through too hot.
Let’s see people post the water after they are done then that’s a good give away, red usually dies the water red a bit if to hot, id suggest running lower temp an length of time with he reds

Let’s see people post the water after they are done then that’s a good give away, red usually dies the water red a bit if to hot, id suggest running lower temp an length of time with he reds
If I still had it I would have. Definitely dirt/hooker juice brown. But I ran it short and low (or at least not high) and low on chems like you mentioned.

Any concerns with red fading? I've seen a fair amount of faded red chips from ultrasonic cleaning, but think it may be running them through too hot.
I don't know if it makes a difference in water. Distilled water might make a difference, not sure. Maybe filtered water is enough idk.

Only use distilled water bro

I don't know if it makes a difference in water. Distilled water might make a difference, not sure. Maybe filtered water is enough idk.
why? Distilled Water?

I use tap water/course table salt and ample dish soap at 42 degrees celcius. The hypertonic solution draws gunk up and out requiring very brief agitation ~20-30 seconds then a quick brush to loosen dirt if they were "real dirty" and another 20-30 seconds to eliminate that residue and rinse with the kitchen spray tap. I don't understand why folks are using "fancy" water for chips?

why? Distilled Water?

I use tap water/course table salt and ample dish soap at 42 degrees celcius. The hypertonic solution draws gunk up and out requiring very brief agitation ~20-30 seconds then a quick brush to loosen dirt if they were "real dirty" and another 20-30 seconds to eliminate that residue and rinse with the kitchen spray tap. I don't understand why folks are using "fancy" water for chips?
Distilled water allows for greater agitation in the ultrasonic.

It's science.

why? Distilled Water?

I mean to each there own, my car says only use premium gas but some put the lowest grade and cheapest grade and the car still go’s :wtf:

why? Distilled Water?

On another note, your neighbor prob can’t fig out why you spend so much on clay discs, yet skip out on buying $5 distilled water

So I wanted to upgrade the condition of the $5s in my mixed set... But the market for mint Cincy Horseshoe $5s was unexpectedly high. After getting a sample from @Boother36, I decided to go for the Grand s$5s as an alternative. Condition was mint like I wanted, even if it did screw up my spot progression.

PXL_20220522_155628082.jpg
PXL_20220522_155702552.jpg

I struck out on sale day, but I managed to snag two racks on the secondary market. Price was palatable too!

I think it was an improvement. Now I need to upgrade the condition of the $1s...

PXL_20220522_162908087.jpg

Of course, @ChaosRock found a deal on mint Cincy $5s after I got the two racks of Grand s$5s.

So I wanted to upgrade the condition of the $5s in my mixed set... But the market for mint Cincy Horseshoe $5s was unexpectedly high. After getting a sample from @Boother36, I decided to go for the Grand s$5s as an alternative. Condition was mint like I wanted, even if it did screw up my spot progression.

View attachment 923407View attachment 923406

I struck out on sale day, but I managed to snag two racks on the secondary market. Price was palatable too!

I think it was an improvement. Now I need to upgrade the condition of the $1s...

View attachment 923411

Of course, @ChaosRock found a deal on mint Cincy $5s after I got the two racks of Grand s$5s.
Sec 5’s are way better IMo

I'd say go with another color entirely. Linking colors can be cool, but too much is too of one color in a set. Personally more different colors that compliment the better.

Last edited:
View attachment 922364
:tup:

View attachment 922365
:D

View attachment 922366
Me watching for the mail while I work from the garage.

View attachment 922368

Update: USPS just delivered to my mailbox. No chipes. :mad:

Tracking still shows arriving on time by 9pm. Unless they deliver twice today, it ain't happening today.

1654355029825.png

Oh my God, I'm still waiting in the garage and have gone through half a box of seagars. When the hell is late? Today is late, Monday is beyond late. I'm hosting on Friday.

Mail just came, nada. They must have lost my chips.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom