The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (75 Viewers)

Crazy week of delayed flights…but this made wearing the same clothes two days in a row ok.

Thanks for the inspiration @TheRealTeddyKGB and thanks for breaking these loose @fishsaybloop.

They look way better in person…now my wife and I can have a proper heads up match.
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_6549.jpeg

What's your total breakdown at this point? Seems like this set has been constantly growing for literally many years.

Rough breakdown (not including semi-customs):

2 cash sets (900 chips each) with shaped inlays for denoms $25-$500; the $1s can be pulled for a single table limit set

100 player T25 base tourney set (4000ish chips)

Crazy week of delayed flights…but this made wearing the same clothes two days in a row ok.

Thanks for the inspiration @TheRealTeddyKGB and thanks for breaking these loose @fishsaybloop.

They look way better in person…now my wife and I can have a proper heads up match.View attachment 1225609View attachment 1225610
Update…the wife didn’t even ask how much I paid for them. And (most importantly) she made my year with a complimentary analogy…made my decade.

I think I need more of these, now.

A rack of California Bell 1s was the first rack of chips that I ever purchased back in 2004 and their beauty started me down this slippery slope we all know as chipping. I have always wanted to build a set but as you know they do not come up for sale very often and if you’re not in the right place the right time you miss out. Over the years all I have only been able to cobble together is a bunch of singles, which was demoralizing so I back burnered the quest.

Fast-forward 20 years and in a matter of three days I have been able to put a set together that is close to playable. Chipping is one hell of a roller coaster ride!

IMG_0680.jpeg

Much thanks @GreekRedEye & @RivieraDanny!

A rack of California Bell 1s was the first rack of chips that I ever purchased back in 2004 and their beauty started me down this slippery slope we all know as chipping. I have always wanted to build a set but as you know they do not come up for sale very often and if you’re not in the right place the right time you miss out. Over the years all I have only been able to cobble together is a bunch of singles, which was demoralizing so I back burnered the quest.

Fast-forward 20 years and in a matter of three days I have been able to put a set together that is close to playable. Chipping is one hell of a roller coaster ride!

View attachment 1225873

Much thanks @GreekRedEye & @RivieraDanny!
Beautiful sight! Congrats! I hope others holding small quantities out there see your post and offer to bring some orphans home.

Just got the 100s for my solids tourney set. It's not finished (labels) but the gang is all here. Those hundos are thiiiiirrrssssty! Wooooo!!!!

Edit: Made an adjustment using the spares. At 15k starting, 100/100 to kick off the tourney. This allows 16 initial buy stacks (5/9/5/1) with as many as 17 rebuys using the 5ks. Color ups accounted for. :)

I'll work out a 20k starting for single table.

Attachments

• 20231117_165624.jpg
    20231117_165624.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20231117_194419.jpg
    20231117_194419.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
It's never a bad day when you look at the label on a box and see this:

View attachment 1222311

Of course, we know the contents will look something like this:

View attachment 1222312

Honestly, nothing really Earth-shattering here in that they are just some stock Rounders chips on the Scroll mold but what's exciting is to know the the grinder is back in operation an chips are leaving the factory!

View attachment 1222313

(I think I remember David saying in one of the updates that there was going to be some quick runs to get stock chips back "in stock", but a quick search can't find that to confirm for sure. Apologies in advance if I got that part wrong).

The craziest part, though I'm not disappointed, these just showed up with no tracking or other fanfare. I step into my office and there's a cardboard box on my desk I wasn't expecting. As soon as I saw the label, I had a pretty good idea what was lurking inside.
Sorry, I missed this.
What I said was there would have to be some grinding done before the custom orders were touched as we had a large amount of unground stock inventory and several outstanding orders going back to literally the day the grinder failed.

Everything including all completed custom orders is ground and shipped now anyway.
Sorry if you didn't receive a tracking notification. I guarantee every one is emailed out but the USPS & UPS portals are so poor I'm not sure they always send properly (I don't always see them all even though I'm cc'd) and many email providers seem to block them out as spam (probably because they have links in them).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom