The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (184 Viewers)

Delivery from a Swiss Chip Bank ;)
Thank you @SwissChip for helping me discover one of the best looking and feeling dealer button(s) I have ever received. I mean, WHAT ARE THESE!? and HOW CAN WE MAKE MORE?! -- These have become my favorite DBs!!

Thanks again for doing the giveaway @SwissChip -- Cheers!

20240708_224928.jpg

Delivery from a Swiss Chip Bank ;)
Thank you @SwissChip for helping me discover one of the best looking and feeling dealer button(s) I have ever received. I mean, WHAT ARE THESE!? and HOW CAN WE MAKE MORE?! -- These have become my favorite DBs!!

Thanks again for doing the giveaway @SwissChip -- Cheers!

View attachment 1354753
Thanks!
These are Fimo clay. There‘s a DIY thread about, or PM me for a custom one.

Have fun!

What year is it from?

I haven't been able to find that out yet. It's hard to find older pictures or anything related to chip counts in the older world series events . This chip count card wasn't necessarily from the main event either. I would imagine they used the end of day cards in all multi day events.

But if anyone comes across something that would show when this chip count was from i would greatly appreciate it.

I haven't been able to find that out yet. It's hard to find older pictures or anything related to chip counts in the older world series events . This chip count card wasn't necessarily from the main event either. I would imagine they used the end of day cards in all multi day events.

But if anyone comes across something that would show when this chip count was from i would greatly appreciate it.
It says end of second day. Other than the main event, three-day events were basically non-existent in Stu’s time. It has to be main event I would think.

It says end of second day. Other than the main event, three-day events were basically non-existent in Stu’s time. It has to be main event I would think.

Correct! Two day format was not introduced to the wsop until 1997. Outside of the main event because of the larger fields.

I did some deep digging into into all the events that it could have possibly been from. I couldnt find much information on wsop and especially all the sub events leading up to the main event prior to 1995. Conjelco has bunch of the media posts still on their website from 1995-2000. But I found nothing that would say that would identity this chip count card during 95-97. In 1998 Ungar he was registered for the main event. But never played a hand due to "not having the energy".

The one promising lead in trying to track down is that I searched worthpoint to find what other chip count cards I could find that looked similar. I came up with 6 matches :
Bobby Baldwin
3 from Mike Sexton
1 from Hoyt Corkins
1 from Stu Ungar

The Stu Ungar and Hoyt Corkins have in my opinion one very close similarity (anyone reading can be the judge). In 1990 Main event Hoyt finished 35th and Stu finished 9th. What I find similar is the seat numbers that was written down on both of their chip count cards (which looked to be from a tournament worker /director) after the day ended . And if it's the case which I'm trying to reach out to Hoyt Corkins to see if he can confirm is that he would have sat next him . Ungar finished day 2 at table 4 seat 6 and Corkins being table 4 seat 7. Hoyt was in the early parts of his career so I think he would remember if he sat down next to Ungar in his 2nd wsop.

Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_4930.png
IMG_4931.png
IMG_4935.png
IMG_4894.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom