The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (63 Viewers)

A little table upgrade courtesy of @rjdev7
Slightly too big, which was expected with the measurements due to somewhat sloppy table build (not mine). I can loosen the rail pieces and tuck it under there if it bothers me.

Before:

IMG_8076.jpeg

After:

IMG_1289.jpeg
IMG_1290.jpeg

LGKscore.jpg

Very first poker chip mail day that isn't sample sets. Thanks a ton @Greykin for these and also for the extra sample chips tossed in. Got here at the very last minute before I'm running out for my vacation and I love them and can't wait to clean them so I can felt them and make plans for their future <insert maniacal laughter here>

Blessed day today. As I suspected, these match PRETTY close for condition, and I think they fit in great! Thanks @BigSlick4523 for the quick shipping.

Not going to murder the Maritimes. Plan is to finish murdering the roulettes and match the inlay on the $1’s (MAYBE a slight twist? American flag?)

View attachment 1356187
View attachment 1356188
View attachment 1356189
man those sure did clean up nicely didn't they wow hell yeah awesome set glad I could help

Correct! Two day format was not introduced to the wsop until 1997. Outside of the main event because of the larger fields.

I did some deep digging into into all the events that it could have possibly been from. I couldnt find much information on wsop and especially all the sub events leading up to the main event prior to 1995. Conjelco has bunch of the media posts still on their website from 1995-2000. But I found nothing that would say that would identity this chip count card during 95-97. In 1998 Ungar he was registered for the main event. But never played a hand due to "not having the energy".

The one promising lead in trying to track down is that I searched worthpoint to find what other chip count cards I could find that looked similar. I came up with 6 matches :
Bobby Baldwin
3 from Mike Sexton
1 from Hoyt Corkins
1 from Stu Ungar

The Stu Ungar and Hoyt Corkins have in my opinion one very close similarity (anyone reading can be the judge). In 1990 Main event Hoyt finished 35th and Stu finished 9th. What I find similar is the seat numbers that was written down on both of their chip count cards (which looked to be from a tournament worker /director) after the day ended . And if it's the case which I'm trying to reach out to Hoyt Corkins to see if he can confirm is that he would have sat next him . Ungar finished day 2 at table 4 seat 6 and Corkins being table 4 seat 7. Hoyt was in the early parts of his career so I think he would remember if he sat down next to Ungar in his 2nd wsop.

Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 1355515View attachment 1355516View attachment 1355517View attachment 1355518
wow they def look alike that's so awesome Stu was the man just a shame what drugs can do to a person

wow they def look alike that's so awesome Stu was the man just a shame what drugs can do to a person

From the time I started playing poker around 2000 I always admired Stu for his capabilities from what I read of his success in poker and gin rummy. But also it was sad that he couldn't shake his demons. I always wondered what could have been had he not ever got bad on drugs and alcohol.

Im working on researching some more things. Also talking to some people about verifying when it was exactly from. I'll let anyone semi following in a diffrent post if I can gain any more solid evidence.

Sometimes it's the little things...
This bugger evaded me for over a year (mostly because I refused to pay mikeauto1972 his typically jacked up price - its still sitting there for sale on eBay by the way). Now I'll probably see this chip for sale everywhere I look. Oh well, it's finally in my collection.

20240712_170057.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom