Things That Are Bullsh*t (4 Viewers)

People using OCD for the wrong reasons.
- Needing to have racks of 100 chips is a preference, not OCD.
- Needing specific colors and spot patterns is also a preference, not OCD.
- Preferring a clean poker cabinet, spots aligned in certain ways ... not OCD.
- Needing all of the same type of plastic racks .. yup ... not OCD.
- Not wanting a certain color chip in your set .. not even close really ..

OCD is a disorder and can be crippling to some.

What is OCD​

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both. People with OCD have time-consuming symptoms that can cause significant distress or interfere with daily life. However, treatment is available to help people manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.

Howie Mandel talked about his OCD during in interview once. Basically, he would drive somewhere, get out of his car, and lock the door. He wasn't really sure if the door was locked, and would check it again. He'd hit the button on his remote to lock it again, but then, wasn't sure if it really locked it, or unlocked it, and would check it again. Walking away, he'd feel the need to check it again .. and this went on and on for about an hour until he could talk himself into leaving his car. This was just one of the things in his day that he couldn't deal with. He had several others.

Sorry, I just see it used so much here, when 99% of this is not really OCD. I would be OCD if the initial items actually prevented you from moving on in your day, or really caused you distress in that you cannot complete other things until that is done. My wife works in special education, and have become more privy to the unfortunately conditions that people are struggling with. I also struggle with some of these same conditions, but that is a story for another day.

I'm sure it will still be used for all of the wrong reasons, or we'll calling One-off Chipping Disorder .. and move on.

/rant.
Agreed. I'll echo this for using "schizo" or schizophrenic flippantly. Its not just having a range of moodswings/emotions or having a "crazy" day, its crippling delusions and voices. A family member had to be heavily medicated for decades so he wouldn't attempt to remove demons from his siblings again, and couldn't live alone because of it. Once you love someone affected by it, its really tough to call someone's betting behavior "schizo" while picturing what that actually entails.

People using OCD for the wrong reasons.

Agreed. I'll echo this for using "schizo" or schizophrenic flippantly.
If people are able to cohesively post on this forum in a regular manner then they don’t have any serious psychological issues. They just can’t. Anyone with serious issues would have either already traveled across the country to mess somebody up or would just quit coming here because they couldn’t handle the crap here.
It will drive you nuts, and if you were already nuts it would drive you over the edge, irreversibly.

Prove I'm nuts?

challenge accepted training GIF

- Needing to have racks of 100 chips is a preference, not OCD.
- Needing specific colors and spot patterns is also a preference, not OCD.
- Preferring a clean poker cabinet, spots aligned in certain ways ... not OCD.
- Needing all of the same type of plastic racks .. yup ... not OCD.
- Not wanting a certain color chip in your set .. not even close really ..

OCD is a disorder and can be crippling to some.

What is OCD​

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both. People with OCD have time-consuming symptoms that can cause significant distress or interfere with daily life. However, treatment is available to help people manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.

Howie Mandel talked about his OCD during in interview once. Basically, he would drive somewhere, get out of his car, and lock the door. He wasn't really sure if the door was locked, and would check it again. He'd hit the button on his remote to lock it again, but then, wasn't sure if it really locked it, or unlocked it, and would check it again. Walking away, he'd feel the need to check it again .. and this went on and on for about an hour until he could talk himself into leaving his car. This was just one of the things in his day that he couldn't deal with. He had several others.

Sorry, I just see it used so much here, when 99% of this is not really OCD. I would be OCD if the initial items actually prevented you from moving on in your day, or really caused you distress in that you cannot complete other things until that is done. My wife works in special education, and have become more privy to the unfortunately conditions that people are struggling with. I also struggle with some of these same conditions, but that is a story for another day.

I'm sure it will still be used for all of the wrong reasons, or we'll calling One-off Chipping Disorder .. and move on.

/rant.
IMG_0106.gif

I’ve been screaming this for years, and I have no connection with OCD. We used to call this sort of behavior ANAL RETENTIVE but I don’t think I’ve heard that term in years. I guess OCD sounds like more fun?

I'm going to be honest. I actually have not had this dish in Cincinnati. I actually like spaghetti with meat sauce, so I think my primary objection to the dish is the use of the word "chili' in the name. Because it's definitely not chili. And yeah, I know, we already have another string of conversation about real chili. From Texas.
Gotta be honest, lived in TX for 5 years and still haven’t found good chili (or BBQ) - lol.

I’ve had good brisket, but BBQ is hog - fight me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Gotta be honest, lived in TX for 5 years and still haven’t found good chili (or BBQ) - lol.

I’ve had good brisket, but BBQ is hog - fight me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I thought I explained the chili thing. May have been in another post. I've lived in Texas for over 40 years, and I've never had good chili in a restaurant either. Good chili is either made at home, or found at a chili cook-off. period.

BBQ is meat cooked directly or indirectly over wood fire and smoke. What you have is a preference for pork. That's not a definition. Also, you've never had my smoked pulled pork shoulder, or you wouldn't be saying you never had good BBQ pork in Texas...

I thought I explained the chili thing. May have been in another post. I've lived in Texas for over 40 years, and I've never had good chili in a restaurant either. Good chili is either made at home, or found at a chili cook-off. period.

BBQ is meat cooked directly or indirectly over wood fire and smoke. What you have is a preference for pork. That's not a definition. Also, you've never had my smoked pulled pork shoulder, or you wouldn't be saying you never had good BBQ pork in Texas...
Well Done Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: BBQ is meat cooked directly or indirectly over wood fire and smoke.
Where I’m from we call that “grillin”. If you say BBQ, it infers pulled pork. No one calls it BBQ Pork, it’s redundant - lol.

I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

And of course the best (and sometimes the worst) chili is at a cook-off. I think that goes for anywhere you live. But, if I want chili, and there is not a cook off going on, and I don’t feel like cooking it. I have found TX chili to be below par compared to readily available chili in other areas.

Also, you've never had my smoked pulled pork shoulder, or you wouldn't be saying you never had good BBQ pork in Texas...
If I had a $1 for every time I’ve heard that - lol. Edit: just to be clear, I will eat it if invited lol.

Seriously though, I’m sure it’s good. The brisket here is very good, and in general the BBQ is good enough. Personally however, I’ve found the best BBQ to be in VA, NC, and GA.

I'm in. Where do I sign?

He’ll yes!

If you haven’t, try the McCormick’s sloppy Joe mix! Get a small can of diced tomatoes and purée them. Add just enough of puree’d tomatoes to mix it all up.

It’s really tasty!!

View attachment 1321080

LAZY.

SUPER LAZY!

I make my sloppy joes from scratch and would happily put it up against either of these options. And it really doesn't take any longer, just a small amount more time to pull a few more ingredients out of the cupboard or refrigerator. Then again, I make mine to my tastes, so maybe you guys don't like yours with some spice.

LAZY.

SUPER LAZY!

I make my sloppy joes from scratch and would happily put it up against either of these options. And it really doesn't take any longer, just a small amount more time to pull a few more ingredients out of the cupboard or refrigerator. Then again, I make mine to my tastes, so maybe you guys don't like yours with some spice.
Just a wild guess, you add jalapeños..?

LAZY.

SUPER LAZY!

I make most things I eat from scratch; Manwich is just a guilty pleasure. And I only posted that to mock all the hardcore bbq talk.
And spices are great. I recently made an Indian butter chicken from scratch, and you should have seen me and my daughter wondering around the Asian markets, hopelessly looking for the right spices. But if you’re talking heat, you can keep it. I like to enjoy my food, not burn myself from the inside out.

I make most things I eat from scratch; Manwich is just a guilty pleasure. And I only posted that to mock all the hardcore bbq talk.
And spices are great. I recently made an Indian butter chicken from scratch, and you should have seen me and my daughter wondering around the Asian markets, hopelessly looking for the right spices. But if you’re talking heat, you can keep it. I like to enjoy my food, not burn myself from the inside out.
No worries. I think we are all taking turns mocking each other in this thread. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

My point was it's just not that much harder to make your own sloppy joes. Plus Manwich has high fructose corn syrup, which is generally a hard pass for me.

Engineers are cooler.
- Aero-space engineers = Cool
- EE’s = pretty cool
- ME = are cool if what they make goes fast or does cool stuff like pick up big ass trees right out the ground
- Structural Engineers = Boring
- Chemical Engineers = pretty much right next to accounting
- Software/Tech Engineers = pretty much like sanitation engineers, not engineers- lol.

- Aero-space engineers = Cool
- EE’s = pretty cool
- ME = are cool if what they make goes fast or does cool stuff like pick up big ass trees right out the ground
- Structural Engineers = Boring
- Chemical Engineers = pretty much right next to accounting
- Software/Tech Engineers = pretty much like sanitation engineers, not engineers- lol.
Agreed…

Ceramic Engineers = 40% cotton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom