Things That Are Bullsh*t (11 Viewers)

The only piece of advice the 50 year old me would give to 25 year old me.

“Hey. You’re gonna live past 45. Seriously. Yeah, I was shocked too. So maybe not run into that wall tracking down a fly ball or dive for the runner at football on a frozen field or set that screen on someone 6’8” and 275 lbs and maybe not try to run over the catcher and definitely don’t get into 2 of those bar fights. Anyway, yeah, you’re 50, and literally everything hurts.”

“Hey. You’re gonna live past 45. Seriously. Yeah, I was shocked too. So maybe not run into that wall tracking down a fly ball or dive for the runner at football on a frozen field or set that screen on someone 6’8” and 275 lbs and maybe not try to run over the catcher and definitely don’t get into 2 of those bar fights. Anyway, yeah, you’re 50, and literally everything hurts.”
“Also, the full contact no pads football games in your college years on Thanksgiving mornings…that was really fucking stupid. Dont do it.”

I can feel this one in my bones. Literally.
One guy from an adjacent much larger town had a full ride to be a lineman at Clemson. Played in the game only a couple plays after being badgered by friends and he wanted to play tight end because lineman don’t catch passes.

He got tackled in the left head on by a guy 5’6” 145 lbs. Hit him with the shoulder on a big running start as the big guy turned around over the middle after catching a pass.

His femur snapped and it sounded like a firecracker. That was the last time we ever played. I never want to hear that sound or the sounds he made ever again. Just terrible.

Cliffs: snapping your femur is fucking bullshit.

Is your current form considered "living".... I mean. Jabba the hutt was living but did he have a life?

Seemed like he surrounded himself with a bunch of freaks who had fun and enjoyed occasional carnage. Much like a poker host.
Robert Downey Jr Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

“Also, the full contact no pads football games in your college years on Thanksgiving mornings…that was really fucking stupid. Dont do it.”
Full contact, no pads is how I learned the... skill(?) of making a diving tackle from behind, with one arm blocking the foot, on the back swing, that would kick me in the face, while simultaneously wrapping the target's legs together with my free arm.

Our games also ended with a broken bone (collarbone) - but we all blame the tree stump that was in the field of play for that.

Watching this surfing in the Olympics. 35 minutes and they spend 32 of them just bobbing in the water
Do they get points for the size of the wave? That must be a heck of a sport to judge.

Do they get points for the size of the wave? That must be a heck of a sport to judge.
No, but I think the bigger the wave the more time they have to get a bigger score. Pretty much your top 2 scores contribute to your final score. Then again I don’t know what the hell I'm watching. I just wait til the end for someone to tell me who wins, like my circus game strategy

If they called it Olympic bobbing nobody would watch it and half the competitors would be drunk and straight from the local town fair.

Are there waves big enough to surf in France? My wife's family is from Hawaii and most of my surfing knowledge comes from her and you hear her tell it you have to go to either Hawaii or Australia to get waves worth surfing

Are there waves big enough to surf in France? My wife's family is from Hawaii and most of my surfing knowledge comes from her and you hear her tell it you have to go to either Hawaii or Australia to get waves worth surfing
It’s in Tahiti, a French territory technically

Moen shower faucet handle breaking off cleanly inside the posi-temp cartridge when turning it off thus leaving water running in shower with no way to turn it off except at the main.
Depending on age there should be shut offs on the valve body just remove the escutcheon plate and see.
Polish_20240806_140948199.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom