Upcoming molds......... (10 Viewers)

HHR gang checking in, anyone else? Told myself to wait a year plus after the last set, but I'm weak and the deadline is rapidly approaching. Now to try and find a designer that isn't Jeep :sneaky:.
I might be able to help w/ design.

My HHR add-on order went in March 26th. No idear when the run will be.
Thank you for offering, it’s appreciated!

I was able to get the GOAT himself, @Johnny5. Very excited with the final product!

Thank you for offering, it’s appreciated!

I was able to get the GOAT himself, @Johnny5. Very excited with the final product!
Nice! I would love to see what you have planned if you're willing to share. I have an HHR order in and excited to get the actual chips.

1717378622341.png

Last week I was told large crown will start running in about a month. Not sure what molds are running between small crown and large crown.

Aren't there two presses? And only one of each mold? So, theoretically two molds could be overlapping at any given time.

Last I knew, I believe the cutoff for finalizing chip count for the upcoming HHR run was 5/31 and artwork cutoff is 6/20. I have no idea when the chips would actually be pressed and I'm sure any of these dates are very fluid and subject to change.

I understand your confusion. Here is what's happened the last 12 months. This does not have SCrowns on it that started in early April. FDL doesn't usually have alot of orders so i don't know where it will fall in this years lineup.
1717459959791.png
My prediction would be:
LCROWN
DSQ
HHR
SCROLL
But that is pure conjecture
Wild card could also be 44mm that usually runs every 18 months and is probably getting close as well

I understand your confusion. Here is what's happened the last 12 months. This does not have SCrowns on it that started in early April. FDL doesn't usually have alot of orders so i don't know where it will fall in this years lineup.View attachment 1338911My prediction would be:
LCROWN
DSQ
HHR
SCROLL
But that is pure conjecture
Diecard is somewhere in the previous "June" area. And B Mold is a few months after.

Diecard is somewhere in the previous "June" area. And B Mold is a few months after.
Yes! I was unaware of DieCard mold, i only went as far back as the DSQ. I have B mold down as B Diamond that ran immediately after Scroll. E&C and Hourglass might have orders as well...

I found a very old thread from David about the MD50 mold having some issues and the price increasing as a result. I’m guessing this is still the case (the mold having issues)? It doesn’t seem like the molds are replaceable or anything.

I’ve settled on a theme and started getting artwork made, but torn on MD50 vs H-mold. It was 2015 when David said he didn’t know how long the mold would remain serviceable in that thread, should I let this sway my decision? Any recent MD50 folks care to weigh in?

Last edited:
I found a very old thread from David about the MD50 mold having some issues and the price increasing as a result. I’m guessing this is still the case (the mold having issues)? It doesn’t seem like the molds are replaceable or anything.

I’ve settled on a theme and stared getting artwork made, but torn on MD50 vs H-mold. It was 2015 when David said he didn’t know how long the mold would remain serviceable in that thread, should I let this sway my decision? Any recent MD50 folks care to weigh in?
My set used the MD50 in 2020 and it looked good. I just placed an add-on order in May

I’ve settled on a theme and stared getting artwork made, but torn on MD50 vs H-mold. It was 2015 when David said he didn’t know how long the mold would remain serviceable in that thread, should I let this sway my decision? Any recent MD50 folks care to weigh in?
There are people much better suited than me to answer this as i only have an H-Mold set and a B mold and Jockey mold in the waiting. However here is what I have gathered. DSQ/MD50 is indeed an old mold that produces a fair number of blemished unusable chips so they have to make MORE chips to produce your order. That results in the higher cost per chip for that mold. MD50 has a huge following here and is thought of very highly. Unquestionably some of the best sets made over the last number of years has been on this mold. If that's the mold you like the best, then it's 100% what you should go with. CPC has high standards imo and will not send you sub par chips. David runs a very good business and has my utmost respect. Both molds you mentioned are fantastic molds. Some say H-mold produces more spinners but I have 2600+ chips and I haven't noticed a single chip that is a spinner. Hope this helps and maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in as well.

There are people much better suited than me to answer this as i only have an H-Mold set and a B mold and Jockey mold in the waiting. However here is what I have gathered. DSQ/MD50 is indeed an old mold that produces a fair number of blemished unusable chips so they have to make MORE chips to produce your order. That results in the higher cost per chip for that mold. MD50 has a huge following here and is thought of very highly. Unquestionably some of the best sets made over the last number of years has been on this mold. If that's the mold you like the best, then it's 100% what you should go with. CPC has high standards imo and will not send you sub par chips. David runs a very good business and has my utmost respect. Both molds you mentioned are fantastic molds. Some say H-mold produces more spinners but I have 2600+ chips and I haven't noticed a single chip that is a spinner. Hope this helps and maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in as well.
That is my understanding as well with pricing - higher price reflects the higher volume that needs to be created to get usable product. DSQ, Scrown and Lcrown are priced accordingly. I just received a small crown set and quality is top notch. Getting large crown next :)

If I was wanting to do an H Mold, when would the Order / Artwork need to be ready for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom