What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

just saw these guys yesterday.....one of the BEST shows I have ever seen.

I mean, let's be honest. Obama has never heard of at least 60% of this stuff. They just got the intern who wears different colored socks to tell him what people should think he's listening to.

WgUtIXE.jpg

LivaQT3.jpg

Nonetheless, Courtney Barnett! Plus the video has bonus cameos by a ton of great bands (all listed in youtube description).

Listening to the new Here Come The Mummies - Underground. Damn I love this band...

Love these guys - saw them a few times when the first got started out when I was still down south.

Phenomenal live show - if anyone can catch them, don't miss it!

Love these guys - saw them a few times when the first got started out when I was still down south.

Phenomenal live show - if anyone can catch them, don't miss it!
I can't believe how consistently good each of their albums are. And yes, one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

Had Lee Moses playing all weekend. Can't get enough of this guy. Yeah one of these two is a cover which is kind of a cheat, but it's incredible.

Had Lee Moses playing all weekend. Can't get enough of this guy. Yeah one of these two is a cover which is kind of a cheat, but it's incredible.

Not heard any Lee Moses. Yet! What albums to go with first, Jack?

@tommythecat you like Here Come the Mummies?

;)

Not heard any Lee Moses. Yet! What albums to go with first, Jack?

Unfortunately he only had one proper album: Time and Place. He has a fair number of tracks that are spread out over a lot of soul compilations from the late 70s, but unfortunately none are in print any longer. One of the many greats with the bulk of his work lost, maybe forever. :(

Unfortunately he only had one proper album: Time and Place. He has a fair number of tracks that are spread out over a lot of soul compilations from the late 70s, but unfortunately none are in print any longer. One of the many greats with the bulk of his work lost, maybe forever. :(

Time and Place it is! Thanks, Jack.

Original by Jim Carroll.

Great, great cover by the Truckers. They play it often and it never gets old.

Back to some stuff stored on Keri's mp3 player tonight.

Decemberists:

Pernice Brothers (Discover A Lovelier You is a great album imo):

Beirut:

...and while on the Beirut tip, I'd be surprised if they are not aware of Yann Tiersen (of Amelie fame):

I can pretty much put Leonard Cohen's entire discography on random and be in heaven, but every now and then I hear one of the classics and remember why some songs rise to the top and deserve to be a one of the "greatest hits".

huh.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:confused:

Put the pen in the pineapple apple pen? That guy is wrong. He needs to sharpen a pencil. Put the pointed pencil in the pepper pulp! Fuck.

Put the pen in the pineapple apple pen? That guy is wrong. He needs to sharpen a pencil. Put the pointed pencil in the pepper pulp! Fuck.

Their tours circa 2000-2003 were beyond sick. Amazing musicianship, amazing setlists, everyone was whacked out of their minds.

One of the best times I had at one of their shows was when we showed up early to a gig in Athens, GA with no tickets and Claude (drummer) helped us scam in the back entrance making like we were roadies. I said something like, "Doesn't it kind of give it away that we're not carrying anything?" and he handed me and my friend one drumstick each. No one gave a fuck and we just walked way before doors opened and hung out at the bar until the show started. Got to watch soundcheck too (REM covers, naturally, being in Athens).

Anyway, I'm pulling what is nowadays a rare all nighter at work. One of the best bands to work to is Pocahaunted imo. All atmosphere and beats, nothing to latch onto that can pull you out of the work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom