What are you listening to? (9 Viewers)

I started off tonight with BSO - The Dirty Boogie. I have seen BSO once a couple years ago for their Christmas Tour. Amazing live show and one of my favorite guitar players.

You suck. That is required when you talk shit about someone who accomplished more in music than you EVER will doing ANYTHING in your next 10 lives combined.

FWIW, Primus sucks.

Yes...Primus Sucks!!!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I can't complain about my job too much. I just got paid to watch this...

Spent the evening doing computer maintenence work that was well overdue and listening to this album:

He's no truman, but I love this album.

Also discovered this this evening. These girls can sing. And they have a few good tracks out there.

[video=youtube_share;IgAJiRuVvYE]http://youtu.be/IgAJiRuVvYE[/video]

Making ginger bread houses...

Spent the evening doing computer maintenence work that was well overdue and listening to this album:

keller, as a mascis fan, check out this video which i posted above also in which mascis plays guitar through pretty much the entire track. it is fantastic:

IMO the best Metallica album...

Agreed but I can also see the argument for Ride the Lightning. Both phenomenal and classics of my youth. And sad when I remember how far Metallica has fallen... :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418614572.381115.jpg

I see Master of Puppets as the very happy medium between the thrashier sound of Ride the Lightning and the more progressive metal type sound that they were trying to achieve with And Justice For All...

Coheed and Cambria. This band has evolved so much from their earliest efforts. But the more I listen the new stuff (and love it) the more appreciation I have for the old stuff. Interesting note: Every song written is a short story or description of a situation/character from a comic book series written by the singer. Pretty neat way to self promote!

I have only really listened to Good Apollo IV Vol 1 from Coheed. I haven't taken the time to listen to the other albums in full and I am not sure why. I will have to put some of the other albums into the rotation.

I'm a-listening to Wing Beat Fantadtic by Mike Keneally

the owner of a record store i frequented as a teenager was the hugest XTC fan. anytime a kid would come in and buy a grunge record he would say things like, "don't you want to listen to real music with a brain?" and try to get them to buy skylarking or nonsuch. i still haven't fully absorbed their music, though.

Saw Mike play "It's about that Time" with Umphreys Mcgee in San Diego. Jake and Mike ripped so hard, my face melted off my skull.

can't find a vid for it, but check this out. If you don't like all the jazzy jazz, start at 5:30

Wow...there is a huge difference in this show from when I saw them many years ago. When I saw them they were a lot more straight forward with their music. Virtually no improvisation.

the owner of a record store i frequented as a teenager was the hugest XTC fan. anytime a kid would come in and buy a grunge record he would say things like, "don't you want to listen to real music with a brain?" and try to get them to buy skylarking or nonsuch. i still haven't fully absorbed their music, though.

He sounds like my mate Sean. Countless nights round his house descending into prog indoctrination. After several beers it always sounded like he was playing the same song for three hours straight!

Last edited:
D'Angelo just came out with his first album in 14 years, "Black Messiah". I haven't listened to another thing since. One of my favorite albums in years.

D'Angelo just came out with his first album in 14 years, "Black Messiah". I haven't listened to another thing since. One of my favorite albums in years.

could not agree more. amazing. here's the lead track and it screams funkadelic.

I'm a-listening to Wing Beat Fantadtic by Mike Keneally

Saw Mike play "It's about that Time" with Umphreys Mcgee in San Diego. Jake and Mike ripped so hard, my face melted off my skull.

can't find a vid for it, but check this out. If you don't like all the jazzy jazz, start at 5:30

Oh yea! That's what I'm talkin' about. I saw Mike play with Joe Satriani on his tour last summer. I also LOVED him in Zappa's band, and him leading the Zappa's Universe tribute show/album.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom