Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (15 Viewers)

My snap thought was, "OMG OMG OMG...", but then I checked my wallet. GLWS!
Yeah, i have enough in my checking account to cover a single rack from most of the sets I can imagine going up for sale. But it’s always interesting to see unique sets hit the market.

I just Woke up from a nightmare that went like this…..

when I first saw Krish’s post about upcoming sales I did a little dance…..
17B2C498-EC8D-4C2B-8E45-BF907B236980.gif

then i developed a plan…….
49ABDB78-308D-4689-888D-30C2B7C6C99E.gif

then I got prepared……
C1341661-3E15-4C1B-8784-ACF4E301DC92.gif

then I fell asleep and missed out on everything…….
D33FE9F9-69C6-4435-A0F0-5FD8DABB3F4A.gif

I think everyone needs to have a few cocktails and then come back to look at the sales threads. I’m working on one now too

I think everyone needs to have a few cocktails and then come back to look at the sales threads. I’m working on one now too
Yeah I’m already working towards the state where I fell buying one of those sets is a brilliant idea.

So far, this is the closest I’ve gotten to a true cali-color mixed TRK set. I have enough of all of the chips to make a very nice playable set. I do have the option of using the Normandie $5s, but they’re single color spots, which seems wrong.

KLGTLN5.jpg

SDhgF6n.jpg

Last edited:
So far, this is the closest I’ve gotten to a true cali-color mixed TRK set. I have enough of all of the chips to make a very nice playable set. I do have the option of using the Normandie $5s, but they’re single color spots, which seems wrong.

KLGTLN5.jpg

SDhgF6n.jpg
Not bad, but I don’t think those Mapes really work with the rest of the set. I’ll do you a solid and take them off your hands though, I’m helpful like that.

KLGTLN5.jpg

SDhgF6n.jpg
It's funny. I just adore the damn South Tahoe's. I missed out on those long ago and always regretting it. Good choice.

I don't like the 1 here. Colors are ok but the different spot pattern and stamp are weird, maybe even the same for the frac, but less so.

I don't like the 1 here. Colors are ok but the different spot pattern and stamp are weird, maybe even the same for the frac, but less so.
Hot stamps are like TRK in a sense. People often message me asking for help to build a hot stamp set, but most don't realize how limited the options really are. You have to make compromises like different style stamps otherwise you will likely never be able to put together a set.

Hot stamps are like TRK in a sense. People often message me asking for help to build a hot stamp set, but most don't realize how limited the options really are. You have to make compromises like different style stamps otherwise you will likely never be able to put together a set.
Yep.

It's very hard. That's what she said.

Yep, I get it, just giving my honest opinion on how it looks. Plus I know it's not leaded, and that bugs me too.

Yep, I get it, just giving my honest opinion on how it looks. Plus I know it's not leaded, and that bugs me too.
Leaded hot stamp blue 1s in quantity and decent condition almost don’t even exist at all(with that style stamp anyways. Claimstake would look great here). Also I find with hotstamps the difference between leaded and non leaded feels less noticeable than with inlaid chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom