AKo on the button, short handed (1 Viewer)

Call I guess? Kind of a repeat of the last street. If the Q or J had been the heart on the flop, we'd have to worry about Axhh quite a bit. KQhh or KJhh are in the range though...

I find many villain with bet sizing issues increase their bets when their hand gets better.

Hero isn't concerned about the flush. Perhaps he should be?

With the $7 bet that puts about $42 into the pot. He bet $7 into a $35 pot. 1/5 pot lol?

You are getting good odds to call. I think a live read would be important.

Most of the time I just call river, but does villain have a hand like 2 pair that we have to have him lay down? Hard to tell.

I think just flat call River and hope you're good.

*** Results ***

Yep, should have folded. . . .

Hero calls. Villain tables :as: :qd: for top two pair.

It was an interesting evolution of expectations. Hero starts thinking he will let villain hang himself by taking a sneaky line. But by the time the river got dealt, Hero was expecting to lose and makes a crying call. In truth, there is never going to be a fold in this hand because villain has a well earned reputation for foolishness. Just prior to this hand we saw villain take a bet/bet/bet line and then turn over pocket sixes playing as 4th pair. Hero might find a way to fold vs a more predictable villain, but not vs this one.

However, villain's play here left $17 behind that hero might well have called if Villain had taken a different line. That happens a lot with this villain, he wins less than others do when holding winners but pays off in full when the shoe is on the other foot.

DrStrange

*** Results ***

Yep, should have folded. . . .

Hero calls. Villain tables :as: :qd: for top two pair.

It was an interesting evolution of expectations. Hero starts thinking he will let villain hang himself by taking a sneaky line. But by the time the river got dealt, Hero was expecting to lose and makes a crying call. In truth, there is never going to be a fold in this hand because villain has a well earned reputation for foolishness. Just prior to this hand we saw villain take a bet/bet/bet line and then turn over pocket sixes playing as 4th pair. Hero might find a way to fold vs a more predictable villain, but not vs this one.

However, villain's play here left $17 behind that hero might well have called if Villain had taken a different line. That happens a lot with this villain, he wins less than others do when holding winners but pays off in full when the shoe is on the other foot.

DrStrange

I think you played it well. I would have taken the same line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom