Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (12 Viewers)

higher denomination chips shouldn’t fetch a premium over lower denomination chips within the same set. I’d be willing to bet there isn’t a meaningful difference in production cost or production numbers of a $1 chip vs $100 chip…

Of course there are caveats when comparing $1k and up chips but for normal table stake denoms, they should be pretty much the same.

Dunk Fail GIF

Last edited:
No cash value but yeah who knows. I know if I got that far I wouldn’t want to push it otherwise
The evidence to support my DGAF hypothesis is the insane TP hotstamp cash set that was made in conjunction with the 4 other TP sets. just my 2c.

The evidence to support my DGAF hypothesis is the insane TP hotstamp cash set that was made in conjunction with the 4 other TP sets. just my 2c.
Paulson knew/knows it’s going on lol. How many workers there have logins here. U work in the poker chip industry and don’t read the best trade news blog?!? lol

I’m thankful for everyone NAGB organizer fwiw!

T25 tourneys are annoying.

You don’t get enough higher denom chips in play. Makes blind structures more annoying. And what complicates it, there are some awesome T25 chips so I’m forced to still utilize the structure…
I agree to an extent. I also have 600 t25 for all my sets and can’t in good conscience, abandon them.

T25 tourneys are annoying.

You don’t get enough higher denom chips in play. Makes blind structures more annoying. And what complicates it, there are some awesome T25 chips so I’m forced to still utilize the structure…
Agreed. All my tourney sets are T25 based, and I can’t abandon them.
Not sure if I’ll ever put together another tourney set, as I host very few now. But if I do, it’ll be T100 based.

All this hotstamping and Tina's made custom sample collecting difficult. Before it was Pokemon red/blue/yellow, "catch 'em all"! Now it's all congested and filled with various levels of customs and there's some type of process in figuring out what fits the bill.

Hotstamping: we found out we could do it so now we do it but......really? Am I the only one that finds the majority of stuff to be illegible? I do think it's really cool - cheap and accessible and new. But it being done well appears to be the exception and not the rule.

Order warnekes people. Especially if you ship often, just pick up an order of them and ship racks in them. It's bizarre people post "racks not included" when most people don't expect those to be included (yet are probably used to 95% of their racks to come in warnekes).

All this hotstamping and Tina's made custom sample collecting difficult. Before it was Pokemon red/blue/yellow, "catch 'em all"! Now it's all congested and filled with various levels of customs and there's some type of process in figuring out what fits the bill.

Hotstamping: we found out we could do it so now we do it but......really? Am I the only one that finds the majority of stuff to be illegible? I do think it's really cool - cheap and accessible and new. But it being done well appears to be the exception and not the rule.

Order warnekes people. Especially if you ship often, just pick up an order of them and ship racks in them. It's bizarre people post "racks not included" when most people don't expect those to be included (yet are probably used to 95% of their racks to come in warnekes).
Kifer’s hot stamping (and notably defoiling) is a game changer for the hobby! But gotta be careful w the stamp no doubt…

1693437554074.jpeg

Kifer’s hot stamping (and notably defoiling) is a game changer for the hobby! But gotta be careful w the stamp no doubt…

View attachment 1188265
This is the place for hot takes so.....

I love those chips for you, I hope it's a forever set and blows minds. But uh......like most of the HS chips anything smaller just all blends together. Again, it's a hot take from an old man who can't see anything, but if you gave me 100 guesses I still wouldn't know what the other words are.

1693441966113.png

But I love everyone's creations and moar chips. In fact Hot Stamps are my personal fav for any chip type. I'm just not a huge fan of most the hotstamps coming out of the lab.

I love those chips for you, I hope it's a forever set and blows minds. But uh......like most of the HS chips anything smaller just all blends together. Again, it's a hot take from an old man who can't see anything, but if you gave me 100 guesses I still wouldn't know what the other words are.

View attachment 1188289

But I love everyone's creations and moar chips. In fact Hot Stamps are my personal fav for any chip type. I'm just not a huge fan of most the hotstamps coming out of the lab.
If you lived in 45 mile radius of my hometown it would be more recognizable bc we were a new and used car auto dealer. This was our brand logo I designed for the family biz about 15 years ago. It’s going to be more easily recognizable regionally but I still think it stamps great.
4F33CEA9-1AAB-4E3C-BF59-0AC4802E175C.jpeg

Attachments

• 394B7BC9-3B51-485D-881F-2C677B0DEF13.jpeg
    394B7BC9-3B51-485D-881F-2C677B0DEF13.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 834824E6-72AA-4997-8C84-0A72FEE511CB.jpeg
    834824E6-72AA-4997-8C84-0A72FEE511CB.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 59

View attachment 1188265

View attachment 1188289

Okay edit to take it all back, lol that's pretty cool!

I had no effing clue what these chips were. It says Waikem and I thought maybe WV on the bottom? I'm an uneducated fool, so I'm over going....that's not WV.

I'm looking at the map of the US going....that doesn't fit any state at all...what could it be?! Wait, wtf is Waikem anyways, Hawaii?

Lil google search is all you need! Very cool to have a personal set like that made.

1693442315382.png

If you lived in 45 mile radius of my hometown it would be more recognizable bc we were a new and used car auto dealer. This was our brand logo I designed for the family biz about 15 years ago. It’s going to be more easily recognizable regionally but I still think it stamps great.
Lol you ruined me finding it out on my own, posted same time as you.

And yes, those in that picture look night and day vs the rest. Maybe it's just the photos that are being taken, but I can't tell shit in the other ones compared to *easily* reading whats in this one.

Lol you ruined me finding it out on my own, posted same time as you.

And yes, those in that picture look night and day vs the rest. Maybe it's just the photos that are being taken, but I can't tell shit in the other ones compared to *easily* reading whats in this one.
All good opinions are allowed lol

Yeah stamps are tough. I have some glitter gulch $5s I’m amazed by how detailed they are. Gotta think of it like a stencil, and def much better in person w the full chip.

Haha and yeah it’s the state of Ohio. Again, definitely regional bias.

If you lived in 45 mile radius of my hometown it would be more recognizable bc we were a new and used car auto dealer. This was our brand logo I designed for the family biz about 15 years ago. It’s going to be more easily recognizable regionally but I still think it stamps great.View attachment 1188294
Restamped?! I thought that was forbidden black magic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom