Fedex is the worst (1 Viewer)

derekdd23

Flush
Reaction score
I just had over $1k of chips "delivered"(Pron when they are cleaned) by Fedex. The guy backs in my driveway opens the back of the truck and I am excited! Then I watch in horror as he takes a box holds it chest level to read then drops it in the back of the truck(~4ft). I then watch him throw several other boxes in the truck for no apparent reason. He comes up to the door and I confront him about it as nicely as I can. He says "Just look at the box, i'm not the only one who has been touching it. I didn't throw or drop it" I made him wait while i inspected, luckily nothing was broke. I have called and complained, especially since nearly every box from them is a mess by the time it gets here. I will never use them again and will pay more if I have to use someone else.

IMG_1097.JPG

We've confirmed that the single "courtesy knock" the Fedex driver gives us has turned out to be the sound of the package bouncing off our front door. I've also watched in horror/amusement as a Fed Ex driver dropped packages onto the highway that runs in front of my house as they toppled out of the truck while he was turning.

I don't know if this is a product of training, lazy attitudes, or unrealistic demands by the employer. I really don't care. When I can honestly say that the USPS (a government entity) does a better job than a private company, something is seriously wrong.

Oh yeah, this is giving me a lot of hope for the Fedex package that's supposed to get here tomorrow..

It always pays to be nice to and get to know your regular FedEx and UPS guys/gals. FedEx has been great for us, including delivering about a thousand bottles of wine in the past few years.

I've had very good experiences with FedEx FWIW. Not much I know. That said I've always gotten to know my FedEx (and UPS, USPS) drivers when possible. Sure they don't handle things the whole way but I do know they're treated nice from the truck to my door.

I've met the UPS driver a few times (frequently a different person). I've always been cordial, but I'm not a christmas card type of guy. FexEx is impossible to meet. He doesnt use the driveway, so I don't know he's here until I hear the single thump. Even if I'm in the kitchen (adjacent to the front door), by the time I make it to the door he's already back in the truck, (parked on a nearby road). Unless my delivery guy is Usain Bolt, the closest he could get to my door and get back into his truck by the time I open the door would be about 8-10'.

Every FedEx package I get is coming via airmail. :(

I've never had a thing damaged by FedEx or UPS where I live. USPS however has damaged 4 packages over my chipping hobby time of 10 years at points across the country that have cost me $100's. The last bad shipment was 2 years ago when some Aztar Evansville primary $1,000's were surgically removed during shipment. Jim at the Chiproom made them good, but man was I pissed.

Now when I ship US postal I fully insure the shipment expecting problems, and tape the shit ou of the box then mark it Fragile a million times. Two years since my last mishap but I'm always nervous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom