How much do you make per year ? (anonymous) (1 Viewer)

How much do you make per year ?

• under 20k

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • <30k

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • <40k

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • <50k

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • <60k

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • <75k

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • <100k

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • <150k

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • <200k

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • >200k

Votes: 21 14.8%

• Total voters
the raw numbers are totally irrelevant if you are not factoring Geo based cost of living.

Totally agree. I imagine my same income would feel much more, or less comfortable depending on where I pay mortgage.

This applies to me as well ... my wife makes about 50% more in salary than me, our bonuses are roughly equal. Definitely married up.

I need to find myself a sugar... err chip mama! Any wealthy single ladies looking for an under 30 husband with a slight chip addiction?!?

Dual Incomes, no Kids - DINKS. Somehow this term has become "unpopular", but at my price range, it's the only way to afford my chip costs and poker losses. :(

Also, the poll should have a >$500,000 level for the guys at CPC, Apaches, ChipRoom, OldWest, etc...

you left off a box that should have read;

d) less than $0

who makes money???? hell no i dont make anything, i lose money every year....thats what my tax return showso_O

LOL....you must be self-employed. It's a standing joke in my household, I lose money so that we get better tax breaks...... actually true most years!

If you adjust for the fact that I have to pay CA state income taxes and the fact that a small 1br condo rents for between 3-4k per month here in Silicon Valley, it begins to blur the lines a bit. I imagine if I were to move back to Seattle or to Austin Texas, I'd probably be making half of what I make here.

If you adjust for the fact that I have to pay CA state income taxes and the fact that a small 1br condo rents for between 3-4k per month here in Silicon Valley, it begins to blur the lines a bit. I imagine if I were to move back to Seattle or to Austin Texas, I'd probably be making half of what I make here.

3-4k for 1 bedroom? Damn. We pay just over 1k for a 3br house. Can't wait until our house is finally built so we can stop paying rent.

Thinking about retiring at the end of 2016, so this may well be my last year of earning a decent income.

3-4k for 1 bedroom? Damn. We pay just over 1k for a 3br house. Can't wait until our house is finally built so we can stop paying rent.

Ya, it's pretty ridiculous here. What's crazy is that despite the high incomes here, with the housing prices relative to the median income here, we're still the 3rd most expensive area in the world to live behind Hong Kong and Vancouver Canada.

You have to keep in mind as well that this is the internet when you are looking at the poll. If there is one thing people love to do it's brag and lie on the internet, it's one of the downsides of everybody getting a computer. Going off my history on forums alone would be enough to confirm this fact, but all you have to do is read the average message board to see what I mean. On this site whenever a $2k or so set goes up for sale you have all sorts of people making posts in every thread about "how close they are to buying this" or whatever when you know they are full of shit, discussions about "right" or "wrong" turns into people trying to out due each other for who's the bigger saint even though you know they are full of shit, there are a few guys on here that can't wait to pop into every thread with nice chips to proclaim to the world how many they have, how much they paid for them, or how insignificant the chips are compared to what they have.... The internet is all the same the world over, and I would be willing to bet the amount of money in the category I would be in that at least one person is lying even though it's an anonymous poll. :) People are people, and people are funny.

You have to keep in mind as well that this is the internet when you are looking at the poll. If there is one thing people love to do it's brag and lie on the internet, it's one of the downsides of everybody getting a computer. Going off my history on forums alone would be enough to confirm this fact, but all you have to do is read the average message board to see what I mean. On this site whenever a $2k or so set goes up for sale you have all sorts of people making posts in every thread about "how close they are to buying this" or whatever when you know they are full of shit, discussions about "right" or "wrong" turns into people trying to out due each other for who's the bigger saint even though you know they are full of shit, there are a few guys on here that can't wait to pop into every thread with nice chips to proclaim to the world how many they have, how much they paid for them, or how insignificant the chips are compared to what they have.... The internet is all the same the world over, and I would be willing to bet the amount of money in the category I would be in that at least one person is lying even though it's an anonymous poll. :) People are people, and people are funny.
I could post up my W-2 from this year. Of course I'm in the <50K section so it wouldn't be impressive... ;)

Was not bragging when I polled under 20k.

Luckily I have poker winnings and a wife who works her ass off.

A potentially more interesting question might be what percentage of your assets are currently tied up in chips. :oops:

I just took a look at my 2015 total expenditures summary from paypal. I puked a bit into my mouth. The 2016 pace isn't much different so far. :unsure:

Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom