SOLD Indiana Grand Sale Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want to spread misinformation but am i right in saying jim isnt shipping to australia atm due to covid restrictions?
Yeah I remeber him saying that. @CHP TD will prolly be better off either having a fellow PCFer ship him the chips via DHL, FEDEX, or UPS or just buying them on the secondary market and paying the premium

FYI: Jim ships from Utah exclusively using the US Postal Service. (I'd like to stand corrected if he uses other carriers, but I've never seen him use any.)
He ships to all countries, but the postal service has shipping restrictions to some countries... which can be googled or searched for on the USPS.com website.
If you live outside the US, please check before you order. If you did place as order and the US Postal Service doesn't ship to your country, Jim will contact you and most likely give you a refund.

If you are determined to get chips from Jim, you'll need to find someone who can order on your behalf, receive the order, then re-ship the order using a different carrier.
It costs extra time and money, but that's the only way I know to get around the USPS's restrictions.

hi all

thanks for your replies guys. I hear ya. alot of us ozzies have USA reshippers so thats not a problem. so still looking for actually anyone who's able to help out.

Judging by the previous replys to this thread you will have no problem finding a international shipper though eBay or the classifieds when the flippers list them! Lol

You guys think its wrong to get a set with some secondaries and some primaries split? Or jist personal preference?

You guys think its wrong to get a set with some secondaries and some primaries split? Or jist personal preference?
I used to think that was wrong. But that was a dumb thought.
Some people will point out that unless you overbuy and cherry pick and get lucky, your primaries will almost certainly have some wear, so you’ll end up with uneven stack sizes - 20 primaries will stack shorter than 20 secondaries. This is true, and if that sort of thing bothers you, it’s a consideration. But these primaries seem to have such little wear that the differences could be negligible.

9D1AED20-B257-4B59-B9FC-F8AC99AB0112.jpeg

F1C453C8-55B2-4D5E-A7E6-516928CE5FF3.jpeg

I thought the sale was on Monday May 30th at 1 PM EST. Mark your calendars guys you don’t want to miss it!
You are correct.
However, I think it’s about time we all reflect on ours lives and spend some time with the family and ourselves, turn off the computers, disconnect the internet, put away the phones, go outside and enjoy the outdoors…. Take this weekend to head into the forest…. actually, deep into the forest, no need for a compass or gps and let nature guide you, set up a camp and enjoy the wilderness….. Siberia is nice this time of year…anyways, see you guys next week…. or month….. or year have fun.

So this is a serious question.... not trying to get the hobbyists and flippers fighting.

I'm new to the hobby and I plan on getting 1000 as my first paulson set. I was going to get secondaries and to try to max out my 5s and 25s and get some 1s and 100s.

But if I can, should I grab up the high stakes chips and snappers? (And maybe maxout my 1s and 100s?) I ask this not as a flipper... but would it make sense to get them so I could sell to hobbyists who want more of these than their percentages allow?

So this is a serious question.... not trying to get the hobbyists and flippers fighting.

I'm new to the hobby and I plan on getting 1000 as my first paulson set. I was going to get secondaries and to try to max out my 5s and 25s and get some 1s and 100s.

But if I can, should I grab up the high stakes chips and snappers? And I ask this not as a flipper... but would it make sense to get them so I could sell to hobbyists who want more of these than their percentages allow?
By all means.

Go for the 2000 limit.

You will be helping others by hoarding as many as your can when the sale opens up.

Sell to hobbyists, casuals, extremists, nonchalants, hardcore, softcore, tall, short, fat, and skinny folks.

But make sure you get market price!!

But if I can, should I grab up the high stakes chips and snappers? (And maybe maxout my 1s and 100s?) I ask this not as a flipper... but would it make sense to get them so I could sell to hobbyists who want more of these than their percentages allow?
No good deed goes unpunished.

You hold all the cards in this situation
You could help someone who wants only those low percentage chips (your inbox may already be blowing up)
Or you could leave them for those who will try after the percentages requirements are removed (1 hour)
Or you could buy them and sell them for the same price as TheChipRoom
Or you could sell them for what you paid + tax + shipping + time + packing materials + gas + etc
Or you could buy them and sell them for whatever buyers will pay

Just remember there are not very many high denoms and Jim has already said there are not many secondary’s . You may have a plan to max out on everything and someone may beat you to the punch due to their faster internet and typing. I say get what you want and don’t worry about other people as you may go to check out and something may be sold out. Then you are doing calculations on the fly and making up secondary plans further delaying your purchase

@ImCrossland is 100% right, but I certainly appreciated and remember buying Jack, and HSI chips after their Chip Room sales from Members at similar, and slightly inflated prices; doing what you are referring too.

Anyone have a side by side comparison of the primary $25 with another $25 chip? Trying to gauge how muted the green really is? Haven’t seen it in it’s cleanest form.

Just remember there are not very many high denoms and Jim has already said there are not many secondary’s . You may have a plan to max out on everything and someone may beat you to the punch due to their faster internet and typing. I say get what you want and don’t worry about other people as you may go to check out and something may be sold out. Then you are doing calculations on the fly and making up secondary plans further delaying your purchase
A good reminder for newbies that it can be really difficult to get what you want in TCR sales.

It is a ton of fun planning for what you want, just be prepared to a) quickly change your plan and b) expect to get NONE of what you want.

I'm in the midst of trying to figure out my order based on what I want and what I NEED. Sometimes you have to sacrifice what you want in order to have any chance of getting what you need.

Then again, maybe everyone gets what they want (usually means Paypal has messed up).

Hi,

How far after the sale will shipping begin? I live in PA so unsure how long it would take to arrive.

I will be out of the country mid-June and don't want the chips to be left alone.

Hi,

How far after the sale will shipping begin? I live in PA so unsure how long it would take to arrive.

I will be out of the country mid-June and don't want the chips to be left alone.
Just message Jim after you place you're order he will take care of you I am sure

Hi,

From Utah to FL usually takes 3-7 days. It depends on how much USPS fucks the shipping up. I think the longest it took was maybe 10 days, but that was when it went to 4 different states and 3 different regional distribution centers in Florida.

But...if you do that and the rarer chips end up being sold out by the time you check out, you risk loosing out on your order because you would have to change your order and resubmit

Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom