Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (25 Viewers)

So your advice here is just to be a pushover. If you're out golfing, I'm sure you let it roll off your back when some random in your party decides to chime in on how much better of a shot it would have been if you didn't move your head so much on that last shot you took.

He decided to stand up for himself a bit and then you guys jumped on him, calling him soft and drunk during the day(?).

1. I think he left it a while back when he told you to pound sand lol
2. He posted an obvious design that he did for someone else, and that was all. You're now saying it wasn't a finished product because it makes your case seem more reasonable and like this is a group effort to get to the finished product. You nearly immediately respond with 'feedback' (i.e. 'I think your design could be better or cooler with alligator skin').

Seriously is it common for you to tell people around you all the time how things might be better when it's the literal first comment you make? Not even a "looks good! I think it might be classy with alligator trim? Just a suggestion"... just immediate "I think this could be better or the design could be improved".

And you got called out for it. What, you don't like us criticizing the way you've represented yourself here? We're just sharing feedback on how it's appropriate to share feedback :)
ac25cfe2-e375-4c00-8d47-785a4321fcaa_text.gif

So your advice here is just to be a pushover. If you're out golfing, I'm sure you let it roll off your back when some random in your party decides to chime in on how much better of a shot it would have been if you didn't move your head so much on that last shot you took.

He decided to stand up for himself a bit and then you guys jumped on him, calling him soft and drunk during the day(?).
No, my advice is to be a member of a community. To assume the best of others until it's clear that they are not behaving at their best. You're pretty new here, so maybe you haven't seen that yet. A LOT of people here are very helpful and a lot of really interesting ideas get tossed out when chips and accessories are being custom designed. @Himewad is a long time and highly respected member of PCF who has helped a lot of people. This is literally the first time in 3.5 years here that I have EVER heard anyone say anything negative towards him. We do have some long term members who do get rather adversarial at times. I may even be one of those people. So no, I would never suggest someone be a pushover. But maybe take a wee bit of time to be sure you are even being attacked before you launch back.

Also, to not overreact. First off, he jumped to a conclusion that his work was being dissed. Which was a pretty wild stretch. I gave him a little warning that maybe he should reassess, after which he went nuclear. After which I considered that he was either unstable, or drinking. And BTW, the suggestion that he might have been drinking was in reference to comments made late last night, not during the day.

I gave him a little warning that maybe he should reassess

Hot damn, we've got the fuzz in here, handing out warnings 'n stuff. Man, twelve year old probably find you intimidating.

So here we are" could very easily be interpreted as here we are in the design phase.

rlm-red-letter-media (1).gif

Seriously I'm done dude.

Hey, Happy 50th page @rjdev7 ! Sorry for the way we got to it!

Sincerely though, my apologies, I should've just let it be, and not bring drama to your page. You've been a very cool dude to me and I've enjoyed throwing stuff back and forth, and I was insanely psyched you asked me of all the talented dudes on here to work on your own top, which came out as one of my favorites!

I'm stoked you've brought an easily accessible, and awesome product to everyone, it's been awesome to see everyone's work come to life and give their tables a whole different vibe. Here is to the next 50 pages of designs, orders and action shots!

Let's celebrate with my bread and butter, a JACK design with ALL da colors!

JACK V2 Rainbow 01 Artboard 1.png

Hot damn, we've got the fuzz in here, handing out warnings 'n stuff. Man, twelve year old probably find you intimidating.

View attachment 1183496

Seriously I'm done dude.

Hey, Happy 50th page @rjdev7 ! Sorry for the way we got to it!

Sincerely though, my apologies, I should've just let it be, and not bring drama to your page. You've been a very cool dude to me and I've enjoyed throwing stuff back and forth, and I was insanely psyched you asked me of all the talented dudes on here to work on your own top, which came out as one of my favorites!

I'm stoked you've brought an easily accessible, and awesome product to everyone, it's been awesome to see everyone's work come to life and give their tables a whole different vibe. Here is to the next 50 pages of designs, orders and action shots!

Let's celebrate with my bread and butter, a JACK design with ALL da colors!

View attachment 1183502
Maybe try running the colors horizontally?

Too soon?

Something tells me I shouldn’t have asked that question?
The set was designed by a chipper on this forum. Some random copied the design, had someone print them up and was selling them on eBay and Facebook at a markup. It lead to an argument about whether the chipper who designed them stole the design or not and if the guy who stole the chipper’s design was wrong for doing so.

The chipper decided he was tired of the argument and was going to stop letting people use his design to get custom sets on the board.

The set was designed by a chipper on this forum. Some random copied the design, had someone print them up and was selling them on eBay and Facebook at a markup. It lead to an argument about whether the chipper who designed them stole the design or not and if the guy who stole the chipper’s design was wrong for doing so.

The chipper decided he was tired of the argument and was going to stop letting people use his design to get custom sets on the board.
“Oh boy” is right lol… sorry

I would like to share a beautiful topper that @aaron2786 designed for our league. You totally crushed it out of the ballpark on this one!!! And a thank you to @rjdev7 as well for placing the order for us. It arrived on time for our big tournament tonight at @TravNasty 's place. I hope I can make the final table so I get a chance to play on it tonight!

20230825_142917.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom