Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (17 Viewers)

these are amazing products - credit to @rjdev7 for sure!

looking for a little advice from others on how to get it purely flat on my table and how to eliminate a few air pockets/ruffling when sliding over the topper... it may be mine still needs a teeny tiny trim to get it the right size, but open to all ideas...

here is my classic design that @rjdev7 did an amazing job helping me

Attachments

• image_50432513.JPG
    image_50432513.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 158
these are amazing products - credit to @rjdev7 for sure!

looking for a little advice from others on how to get it purely flat on my table and how to eliminate a few air pockets/ruffling when sliding over the topper... it may be mine still needs a teeny tiny trim to get it the right size, but open to all ideas...

here is my classic design that @rjdev7 did an amazing job helping me
So the Barrington tables have absolutely no area for the topper to fit under rail, so if the top is slightly oversized, the best thing to do is take your time and trim it down to the correct size. The reason you're getting wrinkle when you slide your hand over the top is most likely that it's pressing against one of the rails, opposite of the direction you're sweeping your hand. The trim should take care of that. I've always found keeping about 1/8" off the rail all the way around is best. Gives it space to flex and ripple when you sweep a pot, and then room enough to return to where it was (seemingly instantly).

Also, for getting rid of the split, where the table folds. I always placed a single layer of non skid pad on top of my table, under the mat.

Something like this

Mainstays 20" x 68" Non-Skid Non-Slip Cream Rug Pad https://www.walmart.com/ip/17481636

The small amount of thickness, and the fact that it's honey combed allows the topper to sit on an slightly more padded surface, as well as allow air to not be trapped under it, since the webbed pattern keeps that from happening. It's why rug stays are made that way.

Enjoy!

So the Barrington tables have absolutely no area for the topper to fit under rail, so if the top is slightly oversized, the best thing to do is take your time and trim it down to the correct size. The reason you're getting wrinkle when you slide your hand over the top is most likely that it's pressing against one of the rails, opposite of the direction you're sweeping your hand. The trim should take care of that. I've always found keeping about 1/8" off the rail all the way around is best. Gives it space to flex and ripple when you sweep a pot, and then room enough to return to where it was (seemingly instantly).

Also, for getting rid of the split, where the table folds. I always placed a single layer of non skid pad on top of my table, under the mat.

Something like this

Mainstays 20" x 68" Non-Skid Non-Slip Cream Rug Pad https://www.walmart.com/ip/17481636

The small amount of thickness, and the fact that it's honey combed allows the topper to sit on an slightly more padded surface, as well as allow air to not be trapped under it, since the webbed pattern keeps that from happening. It's why rug stays are made that way.

Enjoy!
The ESPN table has a little room to go back to the rail of lights. I’m going to try the slip pad for my split

Happy mail day to me indeed, new Gorilla Pub table finally arrived

View attachment 1139512View attachment 1139513
Looks amazing! My poker tables are thrashed after over a decade of bi-weekly use. I’m seriously looking at the 45 x 72 Gorilla Pub to replace them. Great photo to show that it seats 8 perfectly. If I was to order toppers it appears that you already have the size dialed in!

This is great advice thanks. I think i just need to trim a tiny bit around the full edge to give myself that little margin for error and to spread it and flatten it without it pushing against the rail.

Something like this

QQ - do you cut the rug pad to the whole size of your table or just use over the join in the middle? :-) thanks for the help!

View attachment 1188467
This is roughly what I'm looking at doing. I'm open to suggestions, ideas, and/or other feedback.

@aaron2786 - consider this a substitute for a PM?

Nice start, looks promising!

My 2 cents…: I would perhaps try to make the pattern smaller. Or not. Hard to say, I would print a dozen different sizes on A3 papers to judge and find what feels right 1:1 with chips and cards on it.

I like the overlay idea. I would try to make it a "richer" gray, with blue/green in it.
Perhaps you could try to color the betting line? Orange?

It is very subjective, but I am not a fan in general of repeating the logo on both side. I would rather have one centered. I like the tone-on-tone "not in your face" logo.

If I may, I think your logo needs a bit of work.
The baseline could be smaller, and spaced a bit. I would let the wordmark breath more.
I am not sure if a "gothic" font has the right feel… I would perhaps try something definitely classic, but with a bit more appropriate personality, a bit more "body".Perhaps on a slight curve? With a fine line and a small symbol between the wordmark and the baseline?

Sorry if it too much at once, I am thinking out loud…:wtf:

View attachment 1188467
This is roughly what I'm looking at doing. I'm open to suggestions, ideas, and/or other feedback.

1. I think the tartan idea is a bit much at full force. Just a lot going on. I really like the muted approach in the center- that would make for a great racetrack area. It reinforces McEwan’s, but doesn’t make McEwan’s all about the tartan identify- it IS a pub and poker room, after all. You could then incorporate the blues and greens differently… say betting line one color, name another?

2. I‘ll take a different spin on @binoclard‘s name observation. If you’re going stick with the full name, I would echo once in the center. If you want to do it twice, then stick with something smaller… McEwan’s perhaps, something like the simplicity of @JeepologyOffroad’s Moonlight cloth.

There are a ton of different approaches on the name, often time it can be overwhelming, but it’s hard to go wrong there. I think the real area to focus on is the tartan, because the mat shouldn’t be the focus of the game, poker is. The mat’s just a supporting character that you want to look cool as people sit down, but then fades into the background as people play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom