Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (17 Viewers)

Topper came through the dark beer spill test like a champ.

I had a beer explosion that dumped a third of a dark lager on the topper last night. We used paper towels to absorb the beer from the top and kept playing.

We didn’t get all of it and I didn’t bother to look at the damage last night. When I looked this morning, I noticed a light discoloration covering the area—including the yellow/green club shown—from the residual liquid.

To clean the residual, I soaked a few paper towels with water and then squeezed the water onto the mat, getting the area nice and wet, and gently massage the area with the wet towels to liquify the remaining beer. (There are a number of ways to do this.) I then used some dry paper towels to lift and collect the liquid. Once dry, it looked good as new, but had a really faint beer smell when I put my nose to the mat. Another round of soaking and lifting to care of that.

Most importantly, nothing leaked through the mat, either after the spill last night or cleaning today. I didn’t use any soaps or chemicals.

(I suspect if I had simply soaked better the first time—more water and longer before I soaked it up—it wouldn’t have needed a second round.)

You can’t tell anything happened.

This isn’t a long-term test, but so far it’s been awesome, passed the dark beer spill test, and has held up nicely. (Any discoloration in the photo comes from the chandelier shadows.)
IMG_6843.jpeg

Last edited:
Topper came through the dark beer spill test like a champ.

I had a beer explosion that dumped a third of a dark lager on the topper last night. We used paper towels to absorb the beer from the top and kept playing.

We didn’t get all of it and I didn’t bother to look at the damage last night. When I looked this morning, I noticed a light discoloration covering the area—including the green club shown—from the residual liquid.

To clean the residual, I soaked a few paper towels with water and then squeezed the water onto the mat, getting the area nice and wet, and gently massage the area with the wet towels to liquify the remaining beer. (There are a number of ways to do this.) I then used some dry paper towels to lift and collect the liquid. Once dry, it looked good as new, but had a really faint beer smell when I put my nose to the mat. Another round of soaking and lifting to care of that.

Most importantly, nothing leaked through the mat, either after the spill last night or cleaning today. I didn’t use any soaps or chemicals.

(I suspect if I had simply soaked better the first time—more water and longer before I soaked it up—it wouldn’t have needed a second round.)

You can’t tell anything happened.

This isn’t a long-term test, but so far it’s been awesome, passed the dark beer spill test, and has held up nicely. (Any discoloration in the photo comes from the chandelier shadows.)
View attachment 1196544
Thanks for sharing. Good to know it holds up well to spilled drinks. I see one of these in my future.

Is it just me? Does anyone else NOT see a green club?

I am thinking of the 73.5x31.5. I believe that would fit on my current table. Barrington is a very standard size, correct?

I am thinking of the 73.5x31.5. I believe that would fit on my current table. Barrington is a very standard size, correct?
Yes although measure your specific barrington and lean on the larger size if it’s slightly different.

Last edited:
So the Barrington tables have absolutely no area for the topper to fit under rail, so if the top is slightly oversized, the best thing to do is take your time and trim it down to the correct size. The reason you're getting wrinkle when you slide your hand over the top is most likely that it's pressing against one of the rails, opposite of the direction you're sweeping your hand. The trim should take care of that. I've always found keeping about 1/8" off the rail all the way around is best. Gives it space to flex and ripple when you sweep a pot, and then room enough to return to where it was (seemingly instantly).

Also, for getting rid of the split, where the table folds. I always placed a single layer of non skid pad on top of my table, under the mat.

Something like this

Mainstays 20" x 68" Non-Skid Non-Slip Cream Rug Pad https://www.walmart.com/ip/17481636

The small amount of thickness, and the fact that it's honey combed allows the topper to sit on an slightly more padded surface, as well as allow air to not be trapped under it, since the webbed pattern keeps that from happening. It's why rug stays are made that way.

Enjoy!
I'd like to thank @rjdev7 and @aaron2786 for their great designs and say that these toppers easily improve my Barrington tables :tup:

In particular, aaron2786's suggestion of this rug pad definitely prevents any appearance of the split portion of the table surface:

fvgITrJ.jpg

The sizing is appropriate: I just had to trim a bit off the ends:

YySqhSs.jpg

The suggestion to measure your table(s) was key to the final appearance of both toppers since my tables were a bit larger than the standard 73.5 by 31.5 inches.

The standard blue felt before each topper:

LhH8bNI.jpg

Then the first table with the Rounders topper:

mm421G3.jpg

And the second table with the John Wick/Continental topper:

sGaBIpM.jpg

@rjdev7 , would it be possible to update the first post of this thread to include all of the publicly available, non-custom toppers? I'm considering more toppers for different chip sets and would like to see what else is available :tup:

@ChipWhisperer - I covered the entire surface of my dining table and happy for it.
So…. I’m beginning to wonder what @OneGearManySpeeds thinks about having it cut smaller.

One of my crew leans his forearms on the edge a lot. With the mat going right to the edge, his arms pushed the mat forward and up in a wavy fashion. I noticed it because I sat across from him; I don’t know if he noticed because he kept doing it. I didn’t grab a photo, but could try to replicate if needed. Anyway, I’m wondering if the gap OneGear has alleviates that issue and what the right inset might be. 1/4”? 1/2”? each side?

Any other dining table toppers have thoughts?

So…. I’m beginning to wonder what @OneGearManySpeeds thinks about having it cut smaller.

One of my crew leans his forearms on the edge a lot. With the mat going right to the edge, his arms pushed the mat forward and up in a wavy fashion. I noticed it because I sat across from him; I don’t know if he noticed because he kept doing it. I didn’t grab a photo, but could try to replicate if needed. Anyway, I’m wondering if the gap OneGear has alleviates that issue and what the right inset might be. 1/4”? 1/2”? each side?

I would think one of those no-skid rug pads would help with that? The type of one @FreeBop59 just posted. I think putting something under it that will prevent any sliding will be preferential to cutting the edge off. If he is leaning in, you still have the same problem.

A possible second option would be to get some additional felt from a JoAn fabrics, cut it so it kind of drapes OVER the side a bit (like a table-cloth), and somehow stick the two together. Though that may not look as neat depending on your artistry skills.

I noticed that even just running my hand across the top of the topper it creates ripples and waves. Being that they are thinner than the old ones. I'm thinking about getting some of those just to put under it to hold it. Flatter or I might just end up gluing it down lol. My table doesn't fold so I'm good

I noticed that even just running my hand across the top of the topper it creates ripples and waves. Being that they are thinner than the old ones. I'm thinking about getting some of those just to put under it to hold it. Flatter or I might just end up gluing it down lol. My table doesn't fold so I'm good
@rjdev7 Regarding the thickness (thinness?) of these, have you ever tried to find out what vendor @Tommy uses for the PCF mats that he orders? That's one of my main reservations about eventually getting one or more of these made. I LOVE my PCF mat, and especially like the 6mm of thickness. And I don't believe the ones Tommy sells are any more expensive. Would you ever consider having yours made on thicker mats?

I would think one of those no-skid rug pads would help with that? The type of one @FreeBop59 just posted. I think putting something under it that will prevent any sliding will be preferential to cutting the edge off. If he is leaning in, you still have the same problem.

A possible second option would be to get some additional felt from a JoAn fabrics, cut it so it kind of drapes OVER the side a bit (like a table-cloth), and somehow stick the two together. Though that may not look as neat depending on your artistry skills.
Thanks. I have one underneath. I wasn't paying much attention to it, so I'm not sure what was causing it, but I assumed resting forearms on the edge of the table and how they move after. I'll keep an eye on it next time, but I was more curious if others had noted it. I recognize most folks are replacing a poker table topper and this wouldn't impact them, but after this weekend, I wanted to qualify the advice I gave.

@rjdev7 Regarding the thickness (thinness?) of these, have you ever tried to find out what vendor @Tommy uses for the PCF mats that he orders? That's one of my main reservations about eventually getting one or more of these made. I LOVE my PCF mat, and especially like the 6mm of thickness. And I don't believe the ones Tommy sells are any more expensive. Would you ever consider having yours made on thicker mats?
The challenge is that vendors offering thicker mats require minimum order quantities, so you’d need to do a bulk group buy for this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom