Official Home Game Pics Thread! (61 Viewers)

2 tables tonight

Since @allforcharity lives in Canada I’m guessing those are props to go along with his Bond theme and not functioning firearms since they are pretty much illegal there.
This is pretty much a misnomer by American gun nuts. Firearms are not illegal in Canada. They require registration, and records. The same kind of restrictions many Americans want to pass. Yet the NRA has convinced many that they are banned outright, and moves to stop any regulation on the "slippery-slope" basis.

The difference between the American murder rate and the Canadian murder rate is responsible gun ownership.

This is pretty much a misnomer by American gun nuts. Firearms are not illegal in Canada. They require registration, and records. The same kind of restrictions many Americans want to pass. Yet the NRA has convinced many that they are banned outright, and moves to stop any regulation on the "slippery-slope" basis.

The difference between the American murder rate and the Canadian murder rate is responsible gun ownership.

I'm sure there is a more appropriate forum for these types of discussions elsewhere in the forum. I thank everyone for their sentiments! No, I would not encourage anybody to play Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic, even with a working airsoft pistol. A few years ago on my hospital ward we had a young person shoot a BB right into his brain through his nostril playing around with these. Luckily, after surgery, things turned out (for the most part) okay.

Back onto the Home Game threads! And if anybody wants an invite to my next fundraising party in late August, drop me a line!

Snowed in and the neighbor wanted to play some poker. He had a nice silver case with “real clay official weight” slugged plastic Walmart specials. I didn’t want to be the jerk to run next door for one of my sets.

We played a tournament where we each got a color and all the chips were worth the same, 1 chip. I just laughed and got drunk and took their $120...so that was nice. Then he wanted to gambol and draw high card for $50. I drew the As.

Awesome set.. but not really once in a lifetime.. they keep getting made ;)
true... But I don't anticipate me ever being in on one of those ninja buys. honestly, I would never be in a position (barring a divorce) to take part in a buy like that anyway. I have no ill will towards the participants at all. But I will say it has almost completely stopped my interest in acquiring Paulson chips knowing that I will never be able to have the ultimate Paulson chips set, that being a custom THC. I doubt others share my opinion but whatever. Its still cool to see them come out of hiding recently. Hopefully no one has a secret Bud Jones buy in progress..... :(

...but nobody (that I know of) has something from both buys (yet), so in a way, it is one per lifetime still... :whistle: :whistling:
true.. I get the once in a lifetime.. I own a Paulson set that I don't think anyone else has in playable quantities
just joking that getting custom Paulsons is not a once in a lifetime event anymore

I really do miss playing this game. BTW that deck has way too many cards in it!! Cut it down to 60!!
Hah, when I started playing (back in the days of Unlimited and Antiquities), we knew nothing about building an efficient deck. It was not uncommon for one of my small group to use a deck with 150-200 cards. :confused

Hah, when I started playing (back in the days of Unlimited and Antiquities), we knew nothing about building an efficient deck. It was not uncommon for one of my small group to use a deck with 150-200 cards. :confused

Same here. We had guys that would literally use every card they owned :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Then I read an article in some magazine and it just clicked. The next time I showed up I had a 60 card deck and was unbeatable!

I hosted a fun game Friday night, but I took a rough pounding thanks mostly to the super-aggro super-sticky player to my immediate left. You know the type - he hates to fold if he has any piece, he will always bet when you check, and he pays like an ATM when you catch cards.

Unfortunately, it was not my night to catch cards. I was in for 800bb and out for a big goose egg, thanks to a good bit of runbad and some tilt/bad play on my part (frustration, boredom, and pushing draws too hard against Mr. I'm Never Folding). Still, we had a great time, we had a guest appearance from the Great @fish72s himself, and a few glasses of whiskey dulled the pain of my losses. At least I've exorcised the runbad and playbad demons prior to SQM!

Thanks! Probably my favorite frac of all time!
Wish I could find a whole rack of them!
The person who harvested that place, or who paid the harvester, probably has them in a hoard, collecting dust. After years of finding zero, I have two on the way. One for my frac collection, one for trade bait.

She's a beauty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom