Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (26 Viewers)

20221014_200811.jpg

Pour #2

tonight was the first whiskey club meeting i am starting and we drank a shit load

1792 full proof
4 roses single barrel barrel proof
donkey juice
bulliet single barrel barrel proof
jim beam single barrel
russels reserve private barrel
john j bowman single barrel

tonight was the first whiskey club meeting i am starting and we drank a shit load

1792 full proof
donkey juice
jim beam single barrel
for the record donkey juice (opened for a month) won the best sample

1792 full proof
donkey juice
jim beam single barrel
Can I join?

So I have started a whiskey club here locally and last night was out first meet. we brought single barrel samples for a blind, every9one only knew the sample they brought and didn't know anyone else's sample.

1792 full proof
donkey juice ( bottle I have had open for 6 or so weeks)
jim beam single barrel

Donkey juice ended up with most 1st place votes

Stopped into a bottle shop today that was recommended by a local. They had a few interesting store pics, but I ended up settling on this one. They ordered several cases for a local bar, and one to put on the shelf. I guess it wasn't moving so they marked it down. Single barrel, bottled in bond for $42 seemed like a no brainer. Their website says aged 5-6 years. Anyone here ever have this or anything from this distillery?

20221015_173907.jpg

20221015_173927.jpg

Stopped into a bottle shop today that was recommended by a local. They had a few interesting store pics, but I ended up settling on this one. They ordered several cases for a local bar, and one to put on the shelf. I guess it wasn't moving so they marked it down. Single barrel, bottled in bond for $42 seemed like a no brainer. Their website says aged 5-6 years. Anyone here ever have this or anything from this distillery?

View attachment 1006965
View attachment 1006966

Yes, I have the one you grabbed and a store pick.

The store pick is definitely better/more delicious , but both are worth the grab.

Enjoy!

What is the rarest bottle you own? Not a store pick/single barrel.

I don’t mean expensive, I don’t mean necessarily old, I just mean rare.

This is mine:
88D2A993-1B64-4C69-A268-0E847AFA9513.jpeg

Captain Don’s whisky from Cadushy distillery. Never heard of it? That is because it’s a distillery on a small island in the Caribbean that normally makes rum or other more island friendly spirits. As far as I know this is the only whisky made in the islands. Captain Don was a real person, he brought recreational scuba diving to the island which makes up most of their economy today.

It’s also awful. Like, just terrible.

Liqueur store next door has ECBP B522 and toasted for $109 :cautious:

Not as bad as Eagle Rare for $120 :mad: which they also had.

The liquor store two blocks farther doesn’t mark up but you have to get lucky. Got an eagle rare for $39 over the summer.

Probably get into my B521 bottle tonight.

What is the rarest bottle you own? Not a store pick/single barrel.

I don’t mean expensive, I don’t mean necessarily old, I just mean rare.

This is mine:
View attachment 1006987

Captain Don’s whisky from Cadushy distillery. Never heard of it? That is because it’s a distillery on a small island in the Caribbean that normally makes rum or other more island friendly spirits. As far as I know this is the only whisky made in the islands. Captain Don was a real person, he brought recreational scuba diving to the island which makes up most of their economy today.

It’s also awful. Like, just terrible.
This was my grandfather’s. I have no idea just how rare and/or valuable it is, but it’s never leaving my possession.
33721497-6E62-42CA-BE12-62FC3392C15C.jpeg

View attachment 1006965
View attachment 1006966
I have a store pick rye from Wilderness Trail and it's fantastic.

My next barrel aged cocktail, I plan on using it for the Manhattan.

2276385A-9814-495C-A3C1-7B351D297FC8.jpeg

Ok…this is very interesting. I’ll start with this…it was a gift and there’s no way I’d pay $80 for this bottle, but it’s pretty damn good!

Heavy heavy Beam peanut and light oak on the nose. Smells like one of those steakhouses where you can throw your peanut shells in the floor with a touch of strawberries. All peanut on the palate with the berry in the far background. There’s a decent amount of oak in the finish and it lasts a good bit. I’ll need to let this sit in the cabinet and revisit this in a little while, but first impression is that it’s sneaky good for a 2 yr old bourbon.

View attachment 1006965
View attachment 1006966
Wilderness Trail is legit.

View attachment 1007067
Ok…this is very interesting. I’ll start with this…it was a gift and there’s no way I’d pay $80 for this bottle, but it’s pretty damn good!

Heavy heavy Beam peanut and light oak on the nose. Smells like one of those steakhouses where you can throw your peanut shells in the floor with a touch of strawberries. All peanut on the palate with the berry in the far background. There’s a decent amount of oak in the finish and it lasts a good bit. I’ll need to let this sit in the cabinet and revisit this in a little while, but first impression is that it’s sneaky good for a 2 yr old bourbon.
You are making me want to open my Jacob’s Well. Maybe I’ll send you a sample of that one to compare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom