Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (33 Viewers)

Twist my arm!

794D1615-4B76-4BE8-B66D-ECDADF77F273.jpeg

The Beam nuttiness is subtle, but there. The nose is amazing. Palate is very good and well balanced. The proof is great at 108. Warming throughout.

Is it worth $200? Nope. Maybe $100-130. But honestly, I’d MUCH rather have a 15yr knob creek at 120 proof, like they use to offer. I’d pay near $200 for that.

Had to reorganize some stuff as I was not happy with how I was arranging things.

IMG_2948.jpg

Wife (after it had been sitting on the floor for two weeks): "The whisky is NOT allowed to stay on the floor I don't care if you are reorganizing it."
Wife (after I was done reshelving everything): "Why is there a gap on that middle shelf."
Me: "No reason..."

Top shelf is Ireland.
Middle shelf is Bruichladdich, blank space is for Octomore 13.x.
Lower Middle is Islay.
Upper Bottom is various single malt Scotch.
Bottom is Bourbon, Rye and Flavored. Yes, I enjoy putting Buffalo Trace on the bottom shelf ;-).

Right narrow top is Ireland overflow, then Bruichladdich overflow, then Compass Box, then 'other blends(mostly JW)', then Gin and Tequila and bottom is storage for sample bottles and extra tall wine carrying bag.

IMG_2957.jpg

Right wide top is mixers and syrups along with a bunch of minis/samples. Next down is rums, vodkas and coffee liquors(I LOVE coffee liquors). Bottom is creams and other cocktail spirits.

IMG_2958.jpg

Further right is glassware. In the back are some bottles I'm planning at some point to use as infinity bottles/poor man's blends but I've never gotten around to it.

Had to reorganize some stuff as I was not happy with how I was arranging things.

View attachment 1007369
Wife (after it had been sitting on the floor for two weeks): "The whisky is NOT allowed to stay on the floor I don't care if you are reorganizing it."
Wife (after I was done reshelving everything): "Why is there a gap on that middle shelf."
Me: "No reason..."

Top shelf is Ireland.
Middle shelf is Bruichladdich, blank space is for Octomore 13.x.
Lower Middle is Islay.
Upper Bottom is various single malt Scotch.
Bottom is Bourbon, Rye and Flavored. Yes, I enjoy putting Buffalo Trace on the bottom shelf ;-).

Right narrow top is Ireland overflow, then Bruichladdich overflow, then Compass Box, then 'other blends(mostly JW)', then Gin and Tequila and bottom is storage for sample bottles and extra tall wine carrying bag.

View attachment 1007370

Right wide top is mixers and syrups along with a bunch of minis/samples. Next down is rums, vodkas and coffee liquors(I LOVE coffee liquors). Bottom is creams and other cocktail spirits.

View attachment 1007384
Nice selection of Laddies (respect on the Dramfools!). I don't have as much from Bruichladdich as I would like (mostly Islay Barleys, one Microprovenance, and some Oraganic, Bere, and 10s). I had some PCs that I actually got on Islay 5-6 years ago but I, uh, drank 'em.

Nice selection of Laddies (respect on the Dramfools!). I don't have as much from Bruichladdich as I would like (mostly Islay Barleys, one Microprovenance, and some Oraganic, Bere, and 10s). I had some PCs that I actually got on Islay 5-6 years ago but I, uh, drank 'em.
Bruichladdich is my favorite distillery. I've got a bunch of Bere Barley, Islay Barley and Organics as well off to the side. I don't think they are as good, but I appreciate being able to taste how the different barley and process impacts the spirit. I've got some of the PC with different finishes but it's hard to keep up with all of the different releases. Port Charlotte 10 Heavily Peated is one of the few bottles I have to replace regularly luckily it is never hard to find.

That Dramfool is rivesaltes cask and one of my favorite drams ever. I wish I had gotten some of the 'Journey's End' series but I think that stuff was sold out before it was ever listed.

Bruichladdich is my favorite distillery. I've got a bunch of Bere Barley, Islay Barley and Organics as well off to the side. I don't think they are as good, but I appreciate being able to taste how the different barley and process impacts the spirit. I've got some of the PC with different finishes but it's hard to keep up with all of the different releases. Port Charlotte 10 Heavily Peated is one of the few bottles I have to replace regularly luckily it is never hard to find.

That Dramfool is rivesaltes cask and one of my favorite drams ever. I wish I had gotten some of the 'Journey's End' series but I think that stuff was sold out before it was ever listed.
I am once again the beneficiary of not having a completely organized cabinet. I just discovered this amongst my wares. I thought I had drank the last of them.
148E504D-F21F-4667-9E35-287059ACDBD9.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom