Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (42 Viewers)

B2D6A390-3A87-49D9-B005-87199FF2F47E.jpeg

This was a gift from the manager of my local. Opened now for three weeks and it has greatly improved…and it was pretty good to start with. You gotta like the Beam peanut funk, but this one gets a nice balance with sweet berries. Kinda a PBJ made with strawberry jam. No way this one is only 2 yrs old…others might be able to tell, but I can’t. It’s not $80 retail good but it’s sneaky good! I’ll revisit this in about 2-3 weeks later to see if it gets even better.

Having a pour to celebrate finishing the artwork on a set I ordered this week as a gift for a coworker who changed my life by founding an incredible company in 1991 and hiring me to work there 20 years ago. Changed my life in ways that I never predicted and I’m so grateful. Can’t wait to give these to him when he retires.

image.jpg

574B9920-F1A8-4937-A786-365115C610AB.png

Uber smooth. Bought this at Total Wine last year for $58. Went to replace it at the Total Wine they just opened in my suburb and it was $130. Good good scotch. Not for $130.
I had a very similar experience just a couple weeks ago. I did a triple-take at the price and wondered if I was seeing it wrong!

I like it a lot, but agree it's not a $130 Scotch.

My pleasure. I'm guessing that OF rye goes down first tonight... then maybe the Barrell Seagrass 16yr... then probably that Old Pepper too. LOL
I’m traveling tonight for our Friday cash game, so I’ll be starting on the samples tomorrow night in the comfort of my recliner and some college football! I want to really take my time with these and savor every sip. They’d be wasted if I cracked them out while I played cards…and I’d be wasted too :LOL: :laugh:

And those chip samples are pretty sweet too!

Not surprising. This dude is full of awesomeness!!

I'm like a little kid in a candy store when he sends me samples. I wait until THUR (I'm off on Fridays). Then I drink them all lol

This bourbon thread is better than all the bourbon groups I’m in. I don’t even do any trading on them anymore. I do it all on here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom