Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (43 Viewers)

Let’s kill another bottle!

5A2434DE-7110-4D85-BF0D-7CFF429A8C1F.jpeg

Yeah. Middle of the line got here @ 4:45 am for a 7:30 release
I was reading something else just now, and I know what you are waiting for. Sagamore’s second ever bottled in bond release, both of which are the brand’s first ever releases made with their own whiskies. Nice!

I was reading something else just now, and I know what you are waiting for. Sagamore’s second ever bottled in bond release, both of which are the brand’s first ever releases made with their own whiskies. Nice!
No, this is for Penny’s Proof. This is Sagamores first release where every step of the process is made in MD. The oak from the trees, the wheat… everything.

In the past, they’ve outsourced a good part of it. Bottled in Bond released today as well, and I’ll get a few bottles

No, this is for Penny’s Proof. This is Sagamores first release where every step of the process is made in MD. The oak from the trees, the wheat… everything.

In the past, they’ve outsourced a good part of it. Bottled in Bond released today as well, and I’ll get a few bottles
I ended up missing it by 2,people. They did let me buy 3 bottles of the Bottled in Bond, instead of the 2 max
568FD1E4-A01D-4FBE-B051-1B8D24F640E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Today was inventory/purge day. 59 open bottles, 20 waiting for me to open, 24 backups (and NO Lost Monarch backup, how did I let that happen wtf), 10-12 serious bottles to trade/sell, and a few to just give away for dirt cheap. It was nice to get a handle on that. On to the next project, baking some dessert!

Nice evening for a fire and a BP head's up match : Larceny vs Elijah Craig

20221112_165348.jpg
20221112_165411.jpg

The Larceny is good (almost like a rye ...) but the ECBP is so much more my jam. This latest batch is fantastic, the bottle has opened up so nicely. Rich and deep but slightly sweet palate, I get dark chocolate and oak char and brown sugar and just a dash of spicey pepper, incredibly well balanced with a finish that just warms and simmers forever. This might be my favorite barch since C920.

Today was inventory/purge day. 59 open bottles, 20 waiting for me to open, 24 backups (and NO Lost Monarch backup, how did I let that happen wtf), 10-12 serious bottles to trade/sell, and a few to just give away for dirt cheap. It was nice to get a handle on that. On to the next project, baking some dessert!
just checked my inventory sheet
94 bottles
38 open

Today was a great day. Tasted some amazing whiskey with a buddy. We started with a Lucky Seven 14 year Proprietor barrel 34 vs Lucky Seven 14 year Proprietor barrel 64. 34 easily won. Creamy, balanced oaky goodness with sweet sugar and fruit notes. It was amazing.
Also shared my sample from @Saoliver of Coy Hill with him......absolutely insane nose and palate. Holy shit!

20221112_144159.jpg

And if that wasn't enough, I scored a CS LM from my friend who will likely be joining us here soon!

20221112_153706.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom