Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (42 Viewers)

I’m looking for these? Go go power rangers

20AB2C27-B093-472A-A488-EB8587055D37.jpeg

Doing a work “retreat” style thing. Several folks coming in for it are bringing some whiskey to share in the evening. Bunch of Irish folks coming in and the big cheese is bringing some ‘very old Macallan’.

Being known as “a whiskey guy” I wanted to bring some stuff that people could enjoy they hadn’t had before but wasn’t just all obscure non approachable stuff. (I was also advised, “don’t bring anything that isn’t already open” as it looks like you are just sucking up by going out and buying something.)

Here are my selections.

B47798F0-ADDB-4FE3-A1E6-3C3A43F9E356.jpeg

Orchard house is super approachable.
Lagavulin 12 cs is a really nice peaty Islay and I know their will already be other inlays.
Red spot is for my Irish co workers who can’t get red in Ireland.
Dramfool is for the aficionado.

The 11 and 12 are high on my list to try. I might have to have a pour of the 16 tonight!
Honestly, and I like Lagavulin quite a bit, imho the only thing worth drinking aside from the 16 are the yearly cask strengths. The 8 and the distillers edition and the offermans have all been so so at best.

Hot Whiskey

3/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 oz whiskey
2 to 3 tablespoons honey, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
1 lemon rind
1 cinnamon stick (optional, for garnish)

I skip the cinnamon stick.
I use the creamy honey in a jar, not the honey bear kind.

Add honey to mug, then boiling water and stir until honey is liquid, then add whiskey & lemon juice, stir. Add rind & cinnamon stick if you like.

I mean, anything with that much honey is going to taste well, but the Suntori’s profile really works well.

So you’re who I got mine from. I need to be more careful when looking at Whiskey photos!

The same place that you got your last two bottles. In fact, you got one meant for me. ;)

I helped facilitate that trade to make you both very happy.

Oh okay. Hahah. I thought you found some online.

Did you grab any of the Hirsch Cognac Finish? I usually don’t like finished whiskys but my friend who’s palate I trust said it was amazing. I grabbed 6 bottles just in case I like it

Oh okay. Hahah. I thought you found some online.

Did you grab any of the Hirsch Cognac Finish? I usually don’t like finished whiskys but my friend who’s palate I trust said it was amazing. I grabbed 6 bottles just in case I like it
I’m going to pass right now, only because I’ve bought so much, and have hopes of getting some really top shelf bottles. Hoping for one tomorrow.

Here is today’s haul:

06E50D63-DED0-41C9-84F2-3CA87E2B6294.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom