Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (49 Viewers)

Just got home from a nice ribeye dinner that my girls treated me to. Time for dessert!
IMG_8165.jpeg

......and??? How is it? Inquiring minds want to know..... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
It’s fantastic! The sherry notes that are very subtle in the regular RB12 and CS are very prominent but not so overpowering that the traditional profile entirely is covered up. It’s sweeter than the standard but not obnoxious. Red berries, figs and dates up front with a toasted hazelnut note that is delicious. The classic shortbread note is closer to a fresh baked pound cake. It coats the mouth very well and the finish brings the spice in strong and long. I might like this better than the CS but I’m gonna need to revisit that comparison as this is only my second taste of the Lustau. I’d do it tonight but I just finished loading the cars up for our daughters move back in day tomorrow and I’m going to bed. Billy is tired :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
We got our daughter moved in for the start of her junior year this weekend and while the girls were out shopping for last minute items for her apartment, I took advantage of some free time to do a little hunting. Only needed to hit 2 stores that are within 10 minutes of her campus til I ran out of cash :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8169.jpeg

Store 1
IMG_8175.jpeg

Store 2
IMG_8173.jpeg

It’s not all for me, but most of it is :rolleyes:

We got our daughter moved in for the start of her junior year this weekend and while the girls were out shopping for last minute items for her apartment, I took advantage of some free time to do a little hunting. Only needed to hit 2 stores that are within 10 minutes of her campus til I ran out of cash :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: View attachment 1375608

Store 1 View attachment 1375610

Store 2View attachment 1375609

It’s not all for me, but most of it is :rolleyes:

Nice snag on the Barrell Rye!

Nice snag on the Barrell Rye!
They had two different barrels…a 7yr MGP and the 14yr Canadian that I got. I’ll be going back late September for parents weekend and I doubt they’ll all be gone if I want the 7yr.

This store had some serious bangers in it…all at msrp without any markup! There was a couple of 20yr Gold Label Seagrass for $300, 3 of the Middleton Barry Crockett Legacy for $345 and a Redbreast 27 for $500. I need to have some serious run good at my Friday games so I can save up for something :cool

Scored these in the county next to me, that isn’t allowed to over-price things (it’s controlled by the county)

I think they were $45 It was in the August “allocated” drop, but this location still has a few cases left. I bought 2 because she said “if it’s still here after this long, take as much as you want”

I’ll be bringing a bottle with me to Dan’s next month.

IMG_6440.jpeg

Last edited:
Asking for me .. not a friend...

What are your thoughts on signed bottles? Open them and drink them (and save the bottle), or leave the bottle full and display it?

Asking for me .. not a friend...

What are your thoughts on signed bottles? Open them and drink them (and save the bottle), or leave the bottle full and display it?
Depends on the juice. My buddy got a bottle of rare breed signed by Jimmy Russel, no way in hell I'd ever open something like that up. But if it's a really premium bottle ($200-$300+) I'd have a hard time not cracking it open.

View attachment 1376235
I haven’t been drinking much, so much that I forgot how much I like this bottle.
It's funny, I didn't just love this when I first tried it. Then I made some Old Fashioneds with some of it. Then I put some in my infiniti bottle. Then I forgot about it. The other night I pulled it down and had a pour, and it was much better than I remember. Now it's empty! LOL. I guess I need to buy it again, It's almost always on the shelf these days at $49.99.

It's funny, I didn't just love this when I first tried it. Then I made some Old Fashioneds with some of it. Then I put some in my infiniti bottle. Then I forgot about it. The other night I pulled it down and had a pour, and it was much better than I remember. Now it's empty! LOL. I guess I need to buy it again, It's almost always on the shelf these days at $49.99.

I tried creating an infinity bottle. I hated the taste of it. Instead I turned it into a bourbon jalapeno BBQ sauce. It was phenomenal.

20240817_103347.jpg
20240817_120101.jpg
20240817_163244.jpg

I tried creating an infinity bottle. I hated the taste of it. Instead I turned it into a bourbon jalapeno BBQ sauce. It was phenomenal.

View attachment 1376638View attachment 1376639View attachment 1376640
The advantages of having an unsophisticated whiskey palate! LOL. I actually enjoy blending and drinking my infiniti bottles. I'll take something I'm less fond of, then blend in something I like to make it taste better. But not the expensive stuff... I'm not stupid! LOL.

And I document the bottles and their proof so I can calculate the proof of what's in the infiniti bottle. When I add something new, I measure how much is still in there as a starting point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom