Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (65 Viewers)

Totally forgot about wheater Wednesday until after I poured this but for some reason I was actually craving this
IMG_8144.jpeg

Big milestone at work today. Notsomuch celebrating as it was the culmination & submittal of a huge proposal (hopefully the celebration will be in October), but more of a "thank God this shit is finally done" :)

So......

I haven't done a direct C920 v C923 comparison yet, that's next. :tup:

Based on my notes / cheesey internal scoring, I'm still thinking C920 has the edge.

....Let's do this. With an extra treat :love:

20240815_195308.jpg

Big milestone at work today. Notsomuch celebrating as it was the culmination & submittal of a huge proposal (hopefully the celebration will be in October), but more of a "thank God this shit is finally done" :)

So......

....Let's do this. With an extra treat :love:

View attachment 1373410

These are all incredible but C920 is still king in my book, it's just so well balanced and tasty and full strength without being proofy.

C919
Nose: Amazingly full and rich. Vanilla bean, dark stewed red fruit, brown sugar, sweet and slightly charred oak, and some subtle baking spices

Palate: Sweet red fruit and vanilla at the tip of the taste that quickly turns very dark and edgy - dark chocolate, molasses and barrel char. Packs a punch, you can really taste the proof here.

Finish: medium to long finish with dry oak and baking spices like all-spice and nutmeg

C920
Nose: Rich and smooth with a dark sweetness, brown sugar and tons of milk chocolate. Sweet fizzy oak and some subtle dark red fruit and baking spices in the background.

Palate: Rich vanilla, sweet brown sugar, and milk chocolate up front. Incredible oily mouthfeel. Dries just a touch as it chews, sweet oak with minor charring. A bit of spice tickles the edges of the tongue. Strong but not even remotely proofy.

Finish: very long, rich chocolate, brown sugar and oak. Dries out on the tongue just a bit, but retains its sweetness.

C923
Nose: Dark, semi sweet chocolate notes mix with vanilla, charred oak and dark brown sugar. Subtle black cherry in the background.

Palate: full and punchy up front, chocolate, dark red fruit, caramel and oak. Full oily mouthfeel. Darkens a bit as it sits, drying just a touch.

Finish: long, dark, moderately charred oak finish. Dry but rich, hints at getting bitter but never really does.

These are all incredible but C920 is still king in my book, it's just so well balanced and tasty and full strength without being proofy.

C919
Nose: Amazingly full and rich. Vanilla bean, dark stewed red fruit, brown sugar, sweet and slightly charred oak, and some subtle baking spices

Palate: Sweet red fruit and vanilla at the tip of the taste that quickly turns very dark and edgy - dark chocolate, molasses and barrel char. Packs a punch, you can really taste the proof here.

Finish: medium to long finish with dry oak and baking spices like all-spice and nutmeg

C920
Nose: Rich and smooth with a dark sweetness, brown sugar and tons of milk chocolate. Sweet fizzy oak and some subtle dark red fruit and baking spices in the background.

Palate: Rich vanilla, sweet brown sugar, and milk chocolate up front. Incredible oily mouthfeel. Dries just a touch as it chews, sweet oak with minor charring. A bit of spice tickles the edges of the tongue. Strong but not even remotely proofy.

Finish: very long, rich chocolate, brown sugar and oak. Dries out on the tongue just a bit, but retains its sweetness.

C923
Nose: Dark, semi sweet chocolate notes mix with vanilla, charred oak and dark brown sugar. Subtle black cherry in the background.

Palate: full and punchy up front, chocolate, dark red fruit, caramel and oak. Full oily mouthfeel. Darkens a bit as it sits, drying just a touch.

Finish: long, dark, moderately charred oak finish. Dry but rich, hints at getting bitter but never really does.

Monster flight! Memory says C919 was my favorite but that was my first real barrel proof bottle that just blew my socks off. I’d kill for a full bottle of any of those 3 now.

Over the weekend Mrs Baroo asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said you already ordered it :unsure::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:View attachment 1373925View attachment 1373926Gotta love when it arrives on your birthday a day earlier than expected :cool

The Lustau is on my shortlist to try, it sounds delicious. Pricing on that bottle varies wildly around here ($65 - $110+), and I haven't gotten to the spot where it's more reasonable in a while.

The Lustau is on my shortlist to try, it sounds delicious. Pricing on that bottle varies wildly around here ($65 - $110+), and I haven't gotten to the spot where it's more reasonable in a while.
Got mine for $75

I had a pour of it in Vegas earlier this summer and it’s pretty special. It’s perfect at 92 proof. Wish the standard RB12 was at that abv too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom